Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center, Indiana's first community mental health center, provides comprehensive care for emotional and behavioral problems, including severe mental illness and substance abuse. The Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Centeroffers both inpatient and outpatient services, including several outreach centers as well as clinic- and community-based services.
Job Role Summary
The Assessment and Intervention Center (AIC) Licensed Clinician provides assessment, intervention and support services to all individuals experiencing mental illness, substance use, or homelessness presenting to the AIC. The AIC Licensed Clinician directly interfaces with law enforcement and community referral sources, including the Marion County Sheriff's Office, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, and Marion County hospital emergency rooms. The AIC Licensed Clinician evaluates needs and risk of each referral and AIC resident to help drive linkage of these individuals to treatment and community resources.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Proactively contributes to Eskenazi's mission: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve with special emphasis on the vulnerable population of Marion County. Models Eskenazi values.
• Endorses and models a strengths based, community centered model of care.
• Provides assessment, intervention, and supportive services to those individuals referred to, and staying at, the AIC.
• Conducts crisis mental health and substance abuse screenings.
• Evaluates psychosocial status and needs for the development of an appropriate care plan
• Provides daily living skills education when appropriate.
• Serves as a referral source for referrals and residents, working cooperatively with community resources/agencies.
• Maintains appropriate documentation for all services provided.
• Provides ongoing evaluative, crisis response, linkage, and direct client supportive services to the Assessment and Intervention Center housing unit.
• Provides AIC supportive services in both group and individual settings.
• Conducts screening for suicide and homicide risk.
• Screens for acute care services, including detoxification and substance use acute care.
• Supervises masters-level social work, counseling, and marriage-family therapy students who are in practicum at the AIC.
• Assists with service development and performance improvement.
• Master's degree in Human Services field with license required (LMHC, LCSW, LMFT)
• Valid Indiana driver's license
• LCAC preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
o Knowledge of best standards for age appropriate care.
o Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
o Training in the use and side effects of psychotropic medications.
o Advanced critical thinking regarding assessment, crisis intervention, within a strength-based framework.
o Strong interpersonal skills/ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communication.
o Practice in mental health and addictions treatment.
o Experience in providing risk assessments.
o Ability to gather, interpret and analyze client data.
o Ability to provide case presentation to AIC nursing and paramedic staff.
o Ability to receive feedback
MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING BASIC COMPETENCIES IF APPLICABLE:
• Mental Status Exam
• Psychotropic Medications
• Functional Assessment (ANSA/CANS)
Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center's primary mission is to serve individuals with serious mental illness and chronic addiction as well as seriously emotionally disturbed children and their families. Patients of all ages are welcomed, from children to seniors, with a philosophy of care that stresses strength-based and family- and community-centered treatment utilizing the Recovery Model of treatment.
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis