Posted in Other 17 days ago.
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services (EMS) is an organization that celebrates diversity, and seeks to employ a diverse workforce. We actively encourage all individuals to apply for employment and to seek advancement opportunities. Indianapolis EMS also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as required by law. For additional questions please contact us at 317-630-7427 or email@example.com.
Job Role Summary
The Emergency Medical Technician responds in an emergency vehicle under emergent and non-emergent conditions and provides emergency medical care at the basic life support level. As a PRN provider, this position is required to self-schedule and communicate any questions or concerns with their assigned operations commander.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Provides emergency medical care at the basic life support level according to Indianapolis EMS practices and policies, established protocols, verbal and written orders and state regulations
• Monitors patients while in transport and continues treatment initiated on the scene
• Drives an emergency vehicle under emergent and non-emergent conditions
• Perform patient assessments and initiate appropriate treatment
• Assists the paramedic as indicated
• Maintains ambulance in operable conditions, which includes cleanliness, orderliness and prompt restocking of equipment and supplies; determines vehicle readiness by checking fuel, lights, tires, and start/stop capabilities
• Maintain communication and medical equipment in the field and report defects for repair or replacement Respond to runs from dispatcher
• Coordinate with healthcare facilities regarding patients' vital statistics
• Complete patient care reports and other documentation
• Provides age-appropriate care (i.e. neo-natal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric)
• Coordinates public safety personnel in emergency situations
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Indiana Emergency Medical Technician - Basic Certification
• Valid Indiana Driver's License - must meet and remain in compliance with IEMS driver eligibility policy
• American Heart Association CPR Certification
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Certification
• Continuing education to maintain all required certifications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Normal use of limbs, eyes, ears and voice required to treat patients and to operate sophisticated electronic devices
• Hear spoken information from co-workers, patients, physicians, dispatchers, other allied health personnel bystanders, and public safety professionals and sound in common to the emergency scene
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Exercises independent judgment in critical, emergency situations
• Detail oriented
• Interact in a calm, effective and courteous manner with patients, public, and hospital staff
It is Indianapolis EMS' philosophy and policy to treat employees and applicants fairly and without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status or physical or mental ability. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these conditions will not be allowed or tolerated. For additional questions please contact us at 317-630-7427 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis