It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Provides direct behavioral health patient care by performing a variety of activities for patients.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living.
- Provides or assists with providing direct patient care and therapeutic interventions based on patient care assignments from RN.
- Observes and records patient behavior and activities. Reports any changes in condition and suggests modifications to the treatment plan.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients.
- Applies knowledge of group dynamics in participating in therapeutic groups and maintaining the milieu.
- Monitors patients to ensure safety, including but not limited to rounding, environmental and safety checks.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in the behavioral health field, or equivalent years of experience and education
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA)
Evening Shift (United States of America)
12000011 4E BHS IP Unit
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here