It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital 1201 Grand
Plumbing background preferred
Operates and performs routine repairs and preventive maintenance on heating and air conditioning systems, boilers and power plant equipment. Assists with complex and non-routine maintenance tasks.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Monitors operate and adjust facility equipment and power plant machinery following defined procedures.
- Monitors emergency power units during emergency operations to assure they operating normally. Performs a restart of power plant operations following defined procedures.
- Responds to trouble calls in the facility, assesses, troubleshoots and remedies the issue.
- Monitors off-site properties and notifies appropriate staff and/or contractors to handle problems or concerns.
- Utilizes the computerized building automation system as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Rare use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Rare driving.
Licensed Energy Center/Boiler Operator - State of Work Location
Variable Shift (United States of America)
80470130 Reg Facilities Leadership and Shared Svcs
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here