School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Manage a variety of complex and independent activities involved in planning, organizing and conducting research studies within the overall scope of a research project with General Internal Medicine (GIM). Assist investigators with literature reviews, preparation of proposals, manuscripts, abstracts, presentations, and materials for research studies.
· Assist in formulating and implementing the short and long-range goals for the operation of the research program. Assist with monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative research techniques; help investigate trends, and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness.
· Independently researches, writes, and edits clinical study reports, and standard response documents. Produces complex clinical or scientific documents.
· Responsible for planning, writing and editing scientific documents related to research projects with the division and across multiple teams.
· Confer with principle investigator, Sponsor representatives, Faculty/Coordinating Investigators, and Project Leaders to plan and develop document content, timelines, and communication lines for the review/revision process.
· Independently coordinate and facilitate internal and external reviews of documents to consolidate reviewers' comments to form appropriate revisions.
· Summarize relevant clinical research and scientific literature for projects and submit cited materials to the project team.
· Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare oral and written presentations and reports that reflect the progress, adverse trends and determine recommendations.
· Serve as an expert resource on the content and format of various submission documents.
· Gather the final form of documents and associated appendices, data displays, and confirm completeness and correctness of deliverables in the required electronic or paper format.
· Demonstrates the knowledge of clinical/scientific literature, medical terminology and statistical methods. Understand and interpret statistical data in written reports.
· Collects, enters, and analyzes data; manages data files, ensuring accuracy and security of data.
· Applies knowledge of relevant methods to research and evaluation projects from the planning stage through the completion stage.
· Writes and presents regular reports on relevant research and evaluation activities to include manuscripts for peer reviewed scientific and professional journals.
· Assist colleagues in identifying efficiencies and improving process. May provide significant contribution and influence upon research work, activities, or productivity of project teams or across multiple groups.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in a field related to the specific position.
Work requires four years of experience in research/data analysis or related position. A related master's degree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g. a two year master's degree in lieu two years of experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.