Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job location: 3600 Civic Center Boulevard - 9th Floor
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The Temporary IP Paralegal will be responsible for assisting the IP paralegal team with maintaining comprehensive records of upcoming actions and deadlines in the PCI database, which may include assisting with docketing incoming patent correspondence and related deadlines, obtaining and tracking signatures on patent-related documents, assisting with data audit and annuity projects, embedding documents into the database, learning our processes for documenting and tracking internal technology assessment decisions, and additional administrative IP tasks as assigned.
Preferred skills include:
- Experience managing patent prosecution working as a paralegal, intellectual property manager, or other equivalent position
- Working knowledge of patent prosecution deadlines, forms, processes, and terminology
- Understanding of university technology transfer, legal documents and/or intellectual property
- Excellent computer skills including experience with databases, previous work with Inteum database is ideal
- Attention to detail with clear understanding of how to prioritize workload and manage multi-task projects appropriately
- Excellent customer service including strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a high degree of initiative
1-3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required, 3-5 years preferred. Experience in IP law or Technology Transfer strongly preferred. Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and closing. Proven ability to work under time constraints while adhering to strict deadlines. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, team player, experience with technology transfer database software highly desirable. Experience with Microsoft Office Applications required. Associates Degree required, Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.