Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Location: Rochester, New York
Project Manager Job in Rochester, NY
Contract to Hire
Please no 3rd Parties or c2c Candidates
The Project Manager will lead the development and commercialization of product(s). The commercialization projects can range from enhancements to the current portfolio of products to the development of an entirely new platform. The successful candidate will have the drive and passion necessary to lead a multi-functional team in the commercialization of small to large-scale products, for world-wide availability, as well as experience with off-shore manufacturing.
Key Responsibilities of the Project Manager Job in Rochester, NY:
• Responsible and accountable for all aspects of the commercialization program.
• Assembles and leads a cross-functional team, ensuring that comprehensive functional plans and key deliverables are in place.
• Drives the rigorous use of the Alaris phases and gates commercialization process to ensure that commitments are well defined and met.
• Manages project scope and delivery of in scope items.
• Creates and manages the project schedule and uses it as a basis for communicating status to stakeholders and team members.
• Manages program risk at all levels and ensures effective contingency planning.
• Establishes the program bounding box (i.e. Schedule, Cost, UMC), and successfully delivers the commercialization program within those parameters.
• Monitors the key program metrics and informs the stakeholders as soon as an "out of bounds" condition develops. Develops recommendations for dealing with the situation in a timely fashion.
• Delivers consistent, credible communication with Stakeholders (i.e. Gate Reviews).
• Upon program completion, ensures a successful transition to operational and support teams for ongoing production and support.
• Utilizes tools/resources to effectively manage the program (i.e. Microsoft Project, Teams, Jira, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint).
Requirements of the Project Manager Job in Rochester, NY:
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor or Masters' degree in Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of project management experience delivering hardware-based products
• Experience with any Phases & Gates Project Management Methodology
• Experience with Agile Methodology (a plus)
• Experience developing products for World-Wide use
• Experience with Cross-functional Team Management across diverse disciplines (i.e., Marketing, Business, Engineering Design and Development, Quality, Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Service and Support
For more information or to be considered for the of the Project Manager Job in Rochester, NY pleasecontact Thomas McCarthy at Thomas.Mccarthy@modis.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records