- You are positive and optimistic go getter who thrives on constant challenges
- You are a driver—you see what needs to be done and take action.
- You tend to ask for forgiveness, rather than permission.
- Constant learner who is enthusiastic and excited about technology.
- Motivate and inspire others to learn new things, new ways.
- Engage and collaborate with others on technical approach.
- Technical expert in designing & coding robust scalable, loosely coupled components and microservices using cloud native technology
Core Responsibilities of the role include:
- Apply architecture and design principals consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios
- Adhere to processes around development methodologies including continuous integration, static code analysis, test coverage, etc.
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure quality
- Participate and/or lead epic/story grooming sessions to ensure sound technical design and story pointing
- Collaborate and create technical specification artifacts required for the epic and/or story
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager and Architect/Lead for design of the application and its nonfunctional requirements for scalability, performance, stability, and supportability.
- Work closely with Product Owner to implement functional requirements to meet business outcome
- Keep up to date on industry technology trends and modern software delivery techniques.
- Developing and maintaining long term business domain knowledge
- Subject matter expert on system behavior of domain features
- 7+ years of experience designing and building complex and highly transactional applications
- 7+ years of experience with hands on development using Java frameworks
- 5+ years of experience with Microservices and RESFUL API development
- 5+ years of experience with Application Management and/or Agile product delivery
- 3+ years of experience cloud native development
- Experience developing solutions using test and CICD automation tools
- Experience with relational and no-SQL databases
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IT, Computer Science, business or related field
- Experience with an IT function for a global consumer-oriented organization in retail, digital business or related industry
- Experience with Polyglot programming; Groovy, Python, Ruby
- Experience with modernization of legacy stack
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or Open Shift
- Experience with highly transactional systems