Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
Location: Dulles, Virginia
Job Summary: Reporting to the Operations Manager or designated manager, responsible for providing service to vehicles on lot to insure vehicles are in working condition for sale. Operate truck in a safe and legal manner in compliance with safety regulations. Perform all duties assigned by the manager or supervisor. Maintain consistently high standards on quality, efficiency and safety. Must know, practice and ensure company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are always followed.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide excellent customer service: ▪ Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention. ▪ Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and friendly disposition by greeting others. ▪ Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer questions, complaints or disputes. ▪ Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise Management of all serious complaints or incidences.
2. Perform services: ▪ Disburse gasoline to vehicles; provide battery jump-box to start vehicles with non-working batteries; repair flat tires on vehicles, unlock vehicles when needed. ▪ Vehicle preservation: Closing open windows and/or wrapping vehicle with collision tape to prevent weather damage. ▪ Immediately report to manager or supervisor anything that occurs which may potentially jeopardize the ability to physically or legally operate a motor vehicle. ▪ Assure good operating condition of equipment and facilities. Advise the manager or supervisor of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately.
▪ Practice and promote company Core Values: Integrity, Customer Care, Innovation, Safety, Teamwork, Employee Welfare, Community Involvement and Fun. ▪ Maintain a good flow of communication with all personnel.
▪ High School Diploma or GED preferred. ▪ 1 to 2 years of minor mechanical repairs preferred. ▪ Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license. ▪ Must be able to drive vehicles with either standard or automatic transmissions. ▪ Effective customer relations, communication and interpersonal skills required. ▪ Computer skills preferred.
Service Truck Driver Revised: 3/27/2019
Revised: March 27, 2019
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical activity requirements of the position are from Medium to Heavy Physical Work
▪ Constant – standing, watching, touching and fingering, listening ▪ Frequent – walking, talking, reaching, feeling, grasping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting ▪ Occasional – climbing, balancing, crawling ▪ Potential – running, jumping, yelling, or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical current , moving mechanical parts, exposure to hot equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations..
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbents in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instruction or duties requested by an authorized person. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities