Creates job packages from the work order scope which contains all of the information regarding required labor material and services to ensure safe, effective and efficient execution of the work. Requires broadened technical skills in analytical/scientific methods or operational processes to perform a defined array of activities. May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
* Uses feedback from the person doing the work to optimize the work plans.
* Reviews work orders for technical completeness and returns work orders to gatekeeper, if not complete.
* Carries out field checks, when needed.
* Prepares job package and inputs plan into Global Engineering and Maintenance Tracking System (GEMTS) indicating the required resources, materials, and services.
* Identifies task activities necessary to execute job plan, and identifies materials/tools/equipment required to perform tasks.
* Identifies/solicits safety information and requirements necessary to safely perform tasks.
* Supports Maintenance Procedure Use Policy by ensuring all job packages include a procedure or the task is on the Procedure Exemption list before the job package is released. Checks that all Maintenance Procedures include a hazard assessment.
* Serves as a technical resource during procedure creation and review, as needed. Creates, develops, changes, updates job procedures and checklists, and initiates procedure Management of Change (MOC), as required.
**The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
* Must be 18 years old or older.
* Must be willing to work weekends, and holidays, if required.
* Must be willing to work overtime (extra hours beyond your regular scheduled) if required.
* Must have a current, valid US driver's license
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
* Experience in an Electrical & Instrumentation maintenance is preferred
* Experience in and understanding the flow of maintenance work in various crafts.
* Previous experience 3+ years as a machinist, multi-craft, or maintenance work process is highly desired.
* Experience in developing job plans for maintenance work in a refining or petrochemical setting is preferred.
* Experience in coordinating or leading teams performing maintenance work in a refining or petrochemical setting is preferred.
* Experience in planning jobs in SAP is also preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills are required.
* Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
* Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
* A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
* Wear and use respirators.
* Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
* Work in tight or closed-in spaces.
* Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.
* Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* Frequent/occasional lifting of material weighing approximately 50 lbs.
* Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. To qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
* A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later.
Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.