Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Midland, Michigan
Shares responsibility for the implementation of the EH&S management system, in order to meet business objectives and to maintain the license to operate. Provides hands-on environmental, industrial hygiene (IH), and health and safety (H&S) activities for a specific plant. Requires established basic EH&S skills to perform a range of routine work activities using existing standard EH&S procedures and/or analytical/ scientific methods.
* Implements detailed, task level, day to day EH&S programs, utilizing the EH&S work process, standards and procedures.
* Ensures that the Environmental, IH, and Health and Safety aspects of operating discipline are adequate and applied to achieve EH&S performance goals. In most cases, would perform the role of section owner for the EH&S sections of operating discipline.
* Acts as the Plant resource for related EH&S information on procedures, guidelines and standards.
* Serves as plant contact for Environmental, IH, and Health and Safety issues.
* Coaches teams and individuals on EH&S related tasks and activities.
* Assists in developing and achieving area or plant EH&S goals.
* Ensures compliance tasks are completed.
* Performs/coordinates certain Environmental, and IH monitoring, data collection, analyzing and reporting for the Plant.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
* Must be 18 years old or older.
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
* Experience in Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) standards is preferred.
* Microsoft experience is preferred.
* Able to handle multiple priorities from multiple sources.
* Must be an organized self-starter exhibiting good judgment and the flexibility to adapt to priority changes and demands.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
* A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
* An Associate's Degree in a related field OR 4+ years of military experience is preferred.
This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later.
Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.