Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Responsible for assessing the needs of non-English speaking and hearing impaired patients and providing assistance by interpretation of consent forms, diagnoses, discharge plans and any other type of patient-related information. Independently resolves most issues that arise in their daily responsibilities, answers questions about protocols and makes appropriate referrals without direct supervision. Serve as a resource to both patients and providers to contribute to successful outcomes. Comply with appropriate BWH policies and procedures.
1. Bachelors Degree with a concentration in a human relations field (i.e. Sociology, Psychology) highly preferable.
2. At least 2 years of college level education and 2 years of hospital and/or health care related experience in a position of direct patient contact.
3. Fluency of English and Hindi, both written and verbal..
4. Prior training of medical terminology and interpreting skills.
5. Knowledge of culture-specific care.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.