Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Under general supervision, performs all phases of masonry, plastering, flooring and ceramic tile setting. As necessary, moves objects such as furniture, cleans, removes snow and does demolition work throughout the hospital facilities & satellites.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Receives and reviews work assignments and sites, procures the proper equipment an/or supplies needed for completion of work from supervisor.
2) Lays out work according to specifications. May set up and work off low/high staging.
3) Prepares the work surfaces for plastering. Prepares materials and applies scratch, brown or finish coats of plaster using hand tools and portable power tools.
4) Prepares work surface for tile setting. Sets ceramic tiles, cutting and shaping tiles and grouts finish job.
5) May move heavy objects throughout the hospital, such as furniture, equipment, etc.
6) Will be required to participate in snow removal activities, utilizing hand and/or power equipment.
7) Completes daily records of jobs completed for use in preparation of chargebacks for services rendered.
8) Responsible for snow removal.
9) Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
10) Responsible to ensure work is completed within ICRA & ILSM guidelines.
1) High School Grad or equivalent; an incumbent with a minimum of 10 well-rounded years of experiences in masonry, plastering flooring and ceramic tile setting.
2) Holder of a valid MA CDL and hydraulic license will be a plus.
3) Ability to complete routine written records via iPad.
4) Physical strength to move moderately heavy objects, such as bundles of tiles, snow, furniture, etc.
5) Physical agility and ability to work off staging.
6) Must be physically able to use a respirator.