Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Location: dover, New Hampshire
At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
The Administrative Imaging Specialist II is responsible for completing administrative tasks that supports our high-volume ancillary department. The primary function of this position is to provide scheduling of outpatient imaging services for eight modalities offered at several locations. This position answers a high- volume of incoming calls from patients, providers and others regarding scheduling needs.
The individual will work closely with other team members to ensure positive patient experiences. The ideal candidate must have strong administrative and multitasking skills in a healthcare environment, the ability to work independently, and be an effective communicator. Experience with complex scheduling is required as some services require advance research to ensure all requirements are met prior to the appointment.
Experience Minimum Required
• Minimum of three years of diagnostic procedure or related complex scheduling and insurance authorization process.
• Experience with computerized scheduling programs.
• Secretarial experience in a healthcare insurance field, preferably in a hospital setting.
• Experience with Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology.
• Knowledge of Epic
Education Minimum Required
• High School diploma with secretarial courses, computer skills
• AS Business or related field
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Must be proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Presenting a calm, professional manner.
• Requires the knowledge and ability to utilize various computer and on-line applications.
• Offer exemplary internal and external customer relations.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• The knowledge of medical terminology, insurance verification and authorization process as it relates to 1 Revenue Cycle.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)