Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
Location: San Jose, California
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Sr Accounting Assistant maintains the fixed assets ledger in SAP
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains fixed assets ledger in SAP
o Reviews and Approves capital investment requests
o Creates assets and classifies them
o Runs monthly depreciation
o Reconciles assets purchases
· Sr. Accounting Assistant job duties in regards to payroll functions:
o Assist with timecard review/approvals
o Run weekly/monthly reports for Finance
o Submit timecards to Temp agencies
o Process invoices from Temp agencies
o Post month end journal entries for various payroll accruals and expenses
o Reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts monthly
· Sr. Accounting Assistant job duties in regards to accounts receivable:
o Manage billing cycle
o Process AR adjustment forms
o Apply payments
o Reconcile balance sheet accounts for bank and AR
o Submit cash forecast to Corporate
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one_ or two_step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Requires minimum 6 years accounting experience.
· Knowledge of some computer software such as Word and Excel.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.