Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The primary focus will be the daily management and leadership of the Cash Accounting group, creating and executing formal processes and procedures that govern our North American organization. Candidate is responsible for overseeing Cash Accounting, participating in the monthly close, and the management of a team of accountants.
Frequently achieves results through a number of individual contributors. Collaborates with Treasury on cash forecasting and Cash Applications team on processes. Represents Cash Accounting in interactions with Vice President and with internal and external auditors.
• Responsible for providing leadership and direction to ensure designated cash processing, reconciliation and reporting functions are completed in a timely manner while in compliance with policy and regulations.
• Lead a team of accounting professionals, by clearly defining company and departmental goals fostering accountability, and getting results.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers to the organization, multi-task orientated.
• Ensure timely and accurate financial closing processes for Cash Accounting, including reporting, account reconciliations, and account analysis.
• Prepares documentation and analysis to respond to internal and external requests.
• Prepares ad hoc reports as needed by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Assist in daily and monthly cash reconciliation process
• Prepares the statement of cash flow monthly and identifies and evaluates variances.
• Develop and monitor key performance indicators for the Cash Accounting group
• Ensures that the Cash Accounting process is working efficiently, focusing on a continuous improvement mindset.
• Ensures that the Cash Accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
Designation as a certified Cash Manager would be a plus
Global ERP experience preferred (e.g. Oracle or SAP)
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Excel, Word)
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Innovative mindset and desire to improve upon existing processes
Ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
Integrity and strong work ethic, with a commitment to achieve targeted objectives
Experience working on cross functional teams, multitasking and managing time independently
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 256728
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information
here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.