Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
Job Description Title: Consultant, Quality Assurance - Conversions Team
Job Description Summary:
The Consultant focuses on the overall day to day business activities as well as day-to-day queries. Participates on large and/or complex projects, such as the processing of Conversion/Reverse conversion/Nested events. Technically competent to act as first point of reference and serves as a liaison to related areas. Has both broad and in-depth knowledge of Custody Transitions, plus strong knowledge of related areas. Carries out relatively complex, extensive, high profile activities. Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgement skills. May lead projects and/or train lower level staff.
1.) Organizes the work of the team, assigns task, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
2.) Ensures staff is adhering to current documented procedures, expectations and checklists on the pre-work, processing, issue resolution, exception management, and reconciliation signoff and file closing of all events.
3.) Leads by example, displaying and executing all tasks with a constant sense of urgency & ownership at all time. Able to work under stressful situations and can multi-task on a regular basis.
4.) Leads and guides the team through resolution of intricate issues; emphasize the importance of following correct procedures & processes in order to minimize/eliminate risk to the bank.
5.) Helps Identify the strengths, weaknesses and interests of staff, and works with the Manager to determine how each staff member can individually and collectively apply their strengths and interests to benefit the business
6.) Creates a consistent high quality service experience for all clients(Internal/External) by remaining truthful, resourceful, flexible & collaborative.
7.) Serves as a key subject matter expert and mentor to more junior level employees.
8.) Assists Associates, Associate Consultants and/or Consultants with the resolution of complex transactions, where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes.
9.) Can help guide the team thru testing scenarios when needed across various systems such as FM, AIM, etc, in the UAT and Production environment.
10.) Able to facilitate discussions and provide recommendations.
• Has in-depth knowledge of custody operations, finance and securities in multiple markets. In addition, job requires a high level of experience with Fundmaster and Trade/IMS and various other Internal systems.
• Firm understanding of the set up of trades in the Market for CBO/NCBO events and can be analytical and interpret documents and procedures.
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment. Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills.
• Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide on the spot resolution to the staff.
• Requires excellent analytical, consultative, communication, judgement and interpersonal skills.
• Broader knowledge of other areas required.
• Transitions knowledge/experience is preferred.
A College or University degree and/or some relevant work experience is preferred.
Three or more years of related business experience.