Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
Location: Golden Valley, Minnesota
Sets up miscellaneous light and automatic assembly and packing machines to perform a variety of operations such as adjusting set-ups until parts and sub-assemblies meet prescribed specification; instructs operators in proper use of set-up; troubleshoots on machines; and, makes necessary adjustments and set ups to keep machines in operation. Operator will be expected to work in a flexible team environment.
3. Perform functional tests, such as visual, mechanical and electrical checks on parts, sub-assemblies and devices. Check quality of parts being run using a variety of gages and other measuring equipment, and stop production due to defects. Make sure measurement instruments being used are properly calibrated.
4. Rework parts and assist with product problem solving. Gather data for continuous improvement.
5. Conduct downtime tracking (where applicable) and keep updated documentation on equipment problems, scrap, quality checks, etc.
6. Work in a team environment which may include: Learning and using team skills, training other team members, identifying bottlenecks and work arounds. Will be required to attend communications meetings. May be asked to give customer/supplier tours and perform safety tours. Be responsible for actions log.
7. Rotate among all jobs in department and move to bottlenecks.
8. Perform and prioritize daily schedule, based on customer's requirements. Assist with scheduling and planning. Provide order status.
9. Use appropriate system to obtain and move materials and supplies within the department to meet production schedules.
10. Perform changeover duties and machine start up/shut down procedures. Load/unload parts.
11. Perform operator maintenance awareness duties and checklists.
12. Sets-up and operates a variety of assembly equipment. Required to work within skill level, experience and training to maximize equipment uptime. Implement flexible workstations.
13.Use basic computer skills to assist with communication between groups, cells, and shifts
14. May require successful completion of a variety of on the job certifications or qualification programs (including classroom instruction where applicable).
15. MOS - Embrace and engage in the Manufacturing Operating System (MOS) including activities, but not limited to Safety & Behavioral Observation Process (BOP), 5S, Continuous Improvement (Kaizen), Tiered Accountability Process, Standard Work, Rapid Problem Solving (RPS), Built In Quality (BIQ), Coaching, Total productive Maintenance (TPM) and Knowledge Sharing.
High school diploma or GED
Common hand tools and power drivers,Personal computer, Inspection equipment and gages, Non-motorized material handling equipment
Miscellaneous light machines, Housekeeping equipment, Semi-automated and automated machines, Soldering equipment
Miscellaneous chemicals, not limited to, but may include; Alcohols (isopropanol, etc) Dye/Ink Toluene
Flux Ethylene Glycol Various other solvents
Epoxy/Loctite Methylelthylketone (MEK) Beryllium Copper
Potting material Molycote Hot Melt Glue
Glue Glycol Polyfilm
Mercury Acetone Polymeric Isocyanate
Oil/vanishing oil Oil/vanishing oil Lead Solder
General cleaning chemicals Urethane Foam Resin
WORKING CONDITIONS :
Resideo is a leading global provider of critical comfort and security solutions primarily in residential environments and distributor of low-voltage electronic and security products. Building on a 130-year heritage, Resideo has a presence in more than 150 million homes, with 15 million systems installed in homes each year. We continue to serve more than 110,000 professionals through leading distributors, including our ADI Global Distribution business, which exports to more than 100 countries from more than 200 stocking locations around the world. Resideo is a $5.0 billion company with approximately 13,000 global employees. For more information about Resideo, please visit www.resideo.com .
At Resideo, we bring together diverse individuals to build the future of homes. Resideo is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.