Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
Location: Houston, Texas
Interviews research subjects, primarily in the field. Collects data. Records data for various health studies.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Contacts study participants to schedule interviews in the research study, usually by telephone.
2. Interviews and establishes rapport with study participants in order to encourage complete accurate responses and continuing participation in the study. Works in the field, either going to homes or places of business or at specified exercise areas. Conducts interviews in an environment, which may be dirty, have unpleasant odors, or be in generally unfavorable locations or weather conditions.
3. Decides methods of tracing participants (map tracing, phone and address verification, check public records), how to conduct interviews (whether some questions are inappropriate), and whether callbacks are necessary to get further information while coding. Researches newspaper files, hospital records, funeral homes, and all other available resources to obtain names, addresses, phone numbers, and other information about study participants.
4. Project manager or principal reviews work.
5. Conducts intervention with research subjects and refers to appropriate physician or healthcare practitioner.
6. Schedules tests and physicals.
7. Utilizes the equipment as trained by project manager or principal in order to obtain the required information.
8. Codes and edits information for research projects for entry into database.
9. Handles administrative details (ex. time and effort reports, mileage reports)
10. Other duties as assigned.
Trained by project manager or principal on techniques to interview, complete questionnaires, and operate equipment. May need to be bilingual.
High School diploma
Two years related experience with emphasis on public contact.
May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215