Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
Location: Houston, Texas
UTHealth is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist II to focus on recruiting for its research projects, the various medical schools, and clinical practices when needed. This employee performs the full lifecycle recruitment process required to address the university's current and emerging workforce needs. They are responsible for intake calls, screening applicants, sourcing potential employees, creating salary guidances, and extending offers of employment to prospective employees at UTHealth. This is a fast paced and high volume role that often requires a recruiter to manage in excess of fifty open roles at any given time. It is expected candidates have experience in this type of recruiting and a passion or interest for research roles is strongly encouraged - scientists, coordinators, administrators, and research assistants. This will require someone with a curious mind and the patience to work with a recruiting process that includes finding specific academic requirements and partnering with our Office of International Affairs to verify candidates from outside of the United States. You must have excellent communication skills and be very organized.
This is a full time role that is classified as exempt. You will be eligible for all UTHealth benefits including employer funded coverage by our healthcare plan as well as participation in a pension plan administered by the State of Texas. The main office is located in our University Center Tower which is in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. This building is on both Metro rail and bus lines, and has several options for parking. You will be joining an existing team of ten recruiting professionals in providing the best talent for UTHealth. We are open to looking at candidates who wish to have some time spent remote, but it will be required at various times to come to the office for important meetings or job fairs.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Manages the full lifecycle recruitment process to include: creating and aligning recruitment strategies with business objectives, assessing and interviewing talent, providing qualified applicants to hiring managers, gaining commitment from hiring manages on hiring decisions, and assisting with the onboarding process.
2. Develops and drives sourcing and recruitment strategies to meet business objectives; utilizes the various recruitment strategies including direct sourcing, networking, social media, vendor management and diversity sourcing.
3. Builds a pipeline of applicants for designated locations by sourcing candidates through a variety of sourcing channels and maximizing the tools provided.
4. Interviews and develops relationships with current and future applicants to understand their career goals and determines if they are a fit for the organization.
5. Proactively develops relationships with hiring managers and understands the unique recruitment needs of their locations and provides solutions for their recruitment needs. Works strategically with managers to prepare for current and future needs.
6. Serves as the recruitment subject matter expert to hiring managers providing guidance throughout the recruitment/hiring process; works closely with hiring managers to set target recruitment timelines and closely monitors progress to ensure timelines are met.
7. Researches market conditions that will impact the recruitment process to determine the talent pool for supported markets.
8. Develops a strong understanding of industry trends and the impact to the recruitment process. Continually looks for opportunities to improve work processes and the value of delivered services. Works with recruitment leadership providing continuous improvement ideas and suggestions.
9. Utilizes applicant tracking system to create postings, track activity, post positions, manage applicant flow and proper disposition of applicants.
10. Negotiates job offers and effectively overcome objections.
11. Works collaboratively with hiring managers, Human Resources staff, and others to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, and UTHSCH policies.
12. Monitors and tracks the background and pre-employment screening process to ensure a smooth transition into the organization.
13. Assists with various Talent Acquisition projects.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated success implementing innovative methods to source and attract passive candidates.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with an ability to develop relationships with peers, applicants, hiring managers and vendors.
• Ability to effectively communicate through verbal and written communications.
• Familiarity with automated applicant tracking systems, social media recruitment tools, HRIS systems MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) preferred.
• Previous experience utilizing behavioral based interview tools preferred.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent related experience.
Two (2) years of high volume recruiting experience preferably in an agency or in a corporate environment.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215