Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
Location: Houston, Texas
Joins the Children's Learning Institute's (CLI) communications and outreach team to provide a broad range of communications, social media, document layout, and graphic design support to the department and its state initiatives programs supporting early childhood education across the state. The position will provide primary communications for several projects focused on support for the early childhood workforce and program quality improvement in Texas. Serves on a fast-paced team supporting the dynamic outreach goals of CLI's programs, raising awareness for CLI and our programs through a variety of communications and outreach approaches and practices. Provides writing and editing, design and layout for collateral marketing and communications materials, social media marketing, and website content management to promote CLI, its programs, and project-specific opportunities and events. Preferred candidate will be bilingual English/Spanish, have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, and working in the education or non-profit sectors.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Gathers information, generates ideas, and develops and influences the development of high quality, creative materials and programs.
2. Gathers information through research and interviews with faculty, staff and other appropriate sources, such as donors and patients.
3. Generates ideas for communication strategies and develops related promotional plans, tactics and materials.
4. Writes news/feature articles for publication.
5. Collaborates with team members and/or other faculty/staff.
6. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Three years of experience in public relations, communications, writing/editing or related field.
Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Prior experience in non-profit or education setting preferred.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215