Department: School of Public Health
Location: Texas Medical Center- Houston, TX
Position Type: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
Provides focused support to career services and alumni engagement as well as general administrative
and coordination support to the Office of Public Health Practice and Engagement
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of student and alumni engagement strategies and events.
- Performs evaluation (e.g., surveys) and tracking related tasks of current students and alumni.
- Manages general operations of program platforms utilized by the office (e.g., Handshake).
- Develops and disseminates marketing materials related to platform, student, and alumni engagement and other projects and programs.
- Maintains student records and databases while ensuring adherence to confidentiality.
- Coordinates day-to-day administrative tasks in support of the Office of Public Health Practice and Engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills and the ability to work with diverse populations.
- Advisory, technical and organizational skills.
- Ability to make general decisions requiring a comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of regulations, policies, procedures and practices. Generally requires use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with three (3) years of related experience in a student affairs or student services setting; or
- Master's degree in related field with one (1) year of related experience in a student affairs or student services setting.
- Years of experience varies based on education level.
- Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
- This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215