Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Location: South Miami, Florida
Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
*Job may be filled in Miami or Orlando
Specific Job Summary
The Editorial Assistant proofreads print materials produced by the creative services department, including print and digital publications and directories, brochures, advertisements, email communications, web copy, and other electronic communications. In addition, the editorial assistant provides editorial assistance in the form of project coordination, research, fact-checking, and copywriting. The editorial assistant will help maintain creative services' communications style guides and benefits matrix for MVW brands and businesses. This position will work closely with the entire MVW copy team to maintain the accuracy and consistency of editorial in MVW publications and collateral materials and will ensure that style guidelines are met across multimarket pieces. Reports to the senior manager, copywriter.
Specific Expected Contributions
• Proofreads print materials and electronic communications to ensure accuracy, proper grammar, and adherence to relevant brand copy style standards.
• Coordinates projects to help facilitate efficient workflow.
• Researches and checks facts for marketing materials, publications, and electronic media.
• Helps maintain MVW communications style guides and benefits, including facts about MVW businesses, programs, products, and services. Also catalogues past content.
• Writes copy for MVW publications, marketing materials, and electronic media as needed.
• Researches and/or interviews to develop background for writing projects.
• Performs other related duties and editorial responsibilities.
Specific Candidate Profile
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field.
• Must possess minimum two years' editorial experience in a publishing environment.
• Must possess excellent English-language spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
• Bilingual skills (Spanish fluency) and knowledge of AP Style are pluses.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Must possess excellent time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Must possess copywriting ability.
• Must stay up-to-date on all changes to MVW brands, programs, products, and services to enable adequate fact-checking.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must be creative and capable of handling several projects simultaneously.
• Must have good research skills. • Must be a team player.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture