The Groundskeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the property, ensuring superior grounds curb appeal in addition to office/clubhouse and model interior cleanliness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain parking areas, tennis courts, natural areas, etc. - keeping free of all grass, diseased plants, dead or fallen material and litter.
- Maintain and clean playground area ensuring adequate depths of fall cushion material is under all equipment – raking / replacing as needed.
- Lawn maintenance as follows:
- All walks and parking areas shall be blown to clear all grass clippings, leaves, etc. regularly.
- Police the grounds daily for the removal of trash and debris.
- Pressure wash patios, sidewalks, etc. as needed.
- Vacuum pool, straighten pool furniture and clean pool area daily or as needed.
- Blow, mop and/or vaccum breezeways routinely as needed and/or on turns.
- Regular cleaning of the following interior common areas: rental office, clubhouse, kitchen, model, laundry centers, foyers/common hallways and other areas as assigned, including:
- All carpeted surfaces should be vacuumed on a weekly basis or as directed.
- Floors should be mopped weekly and waxed as needed.
- Furniture should be dusted and polished as needed.
- Countertops should be wiped weekly.
- Cabinets and closets should be maintained in a neat and orderly fashion.
- All appliances, (refrigerator, range, dishwasher, washers/dryers) should be cleaned inside and out on a regular basis.
- Blinds should be dusted or cleaned as needed.
- Windows should be washed inside and out as needed.
- Ceilings and fixtures should be kept free of cobwebs, dust, etc.
- Bathrooms must be cleaned and sanitized weekly or daily as needed during pool season.
- Maintain and control an adequate inventory of cleaning supplies and accessories.
- Other responsibilities as directed, i.e. assist maintenance supervisor and/or technicians with punch out work (apartment turns), trashing units, moving of heavy equipment, etc. when available.
- Observe all OSHA and corporate safety precautions at all times. Report any on the job injury to Service Supervisor immediately.
- Report any important events, specific problems, risk management issues, etc. to the Service Supervisor immediately.
- Exercise diplomacy, professionalism and a cordial manner at all times in dealing with residents, staff, management, vendors, contractors and other associates.
- Ability to operate light equipment as required
- Ability to lift and carry minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to climb and work from ladder
- Ability to walk property and climb stairs daily.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Average verbal and written communication skills required.