Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Location: Annandale, Minnesota
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer and maintain electronic timekeeping system.
• Collect timesheet data and payroll information.
• Enter data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs.
• Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
• Process payroll and ensure completion of payroll for MP companies in a timely manner.
• Process manual checks or ACHs when necessary.
• Monitor bank activity for direct deposit returns.
• Generate and report certified payrolls for prevailing wage jobs.
• Report monthly hours and wages along with payments due to various Unions.
• Oversee, maintain, and update personnel records by reviewing and entering changes in exemptions, insurance, deductions, status, and pay; calculating vacation earned.
• Determine payroll liabilities by entering federal, state, and local income and social security tax information, 401K transfers, direct deposits, child support, wage assignments and garnishments.
• Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers; answer questions, provide documents, explain procedures, interpret policies, resolve discrepancies, and handle complex problems as they arise.
• Perform account balance and reconcile general ledger regarding payroll transactions.
• Review and reconcile payroll records for accuracy.
• Make journal entries as required.
• Assist in the preparation responses for examiners, auditors, or external/internal audit.
• Maintain and document all payroll records.
• Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2C, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
Essential Education and Qualifications:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
• Experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of payroll principles, practices, regulations, laws, and procedures.
• Knowledge and solid understanding of tax reciprocity rules and regulations.
• Understand the issues and concerns of outside regulatory bodies and their impact on the payroll department.
• Knowledge of and experience with UltiPro Payroll Software System.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and organization skills
• Must maintain confidentiality
• PC literate with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The main physical demands of this job include sitting at a desk/computer for long periods of time. Also, the job may require focusing on a computer screen for several hours at a time.
A person in this position must generate and use “Confidential Information”. As a payroll department member, the individual is expected to keep such information confidential. “Confidential Information” means any information that is not generally known to the public or other employees, including but not limited to, employee information, employee pay information, company financial and other business information relating to the operation.