Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Location: Midway, Georgia
This is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities and is not all inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
• Manage resources within the technical team to meet both internal and external NPI milestones in accordance with the company's financial objectives.
• Act as the primary Product Development Engineer to customers (both internal and external) during both the NPI phase and the production of manufacturing for all parts.
• Ensure all processes are designed to meet or exceed customer requirements as specified on purchase orders, blueprints, specifications or other related documents.
• Develop, modify, & improve the metallurgical processes associated with the production of conventional and isothermal forgings in accordance with customer design requirements.
• Perform root cause analysis & implement corrective actions on processes to minimize technical issues utilizing APQP methodology.
• Continuously improve part profitability implementing testing reduction and process improvements.
• Communicate regularly with internal employees in Manufacturing, Sales, and externally with Customers.
• Perform various department and/or company projects, including planning, organizing data collection, and presentation.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned by group leader and/or department head.Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgy, Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• Master's Degree in Metallurgy, Material Science and Engineering or Business Administration from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of Seven Years Metallurgical work experience with Titanium and / or Nickel based Super Alloys.