Kennedy Jenks is an employee-owned firm providing engineering and scientific solutions for innovative water and environmental projects since 1919. We deliver exceptional service and highly qualified professional staff to solve the unique challenges of public agencies and private industry clients across the United States.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team. Reporting to the Graphics Team Leader, the person in this role will lead efforts to produce visuals to support business marketing and proposal needs, working closely with technical and marketing team members. Primary responsibilities include:
- Brainstorm visuals for strategic pursuits, interviews, and technical submittals.
- Lead strategic proposals and interviews from a graphics standpoint.
- Serve as leader and problem solver, and participate in department processes and organization.
- Coordinate and lead the collection and assembly of graphic materials for proposals, SOQs, and interviews.
- Lead the design, edits, and graphic production for internal and external use, including creating layouts for proposals and interviews, design brochures, signs, print and digital ads, as well as other communication materials.
- May contribute to storyboarding sessions, participate in interview & proposal prep, participate in strategy meetings and internal debrief meetings, and contribute to external communication strategy.
- Lead and maintain graphics standards and brand integrity. Proactively participate in template management, and uphold brand guidelines.
- Use a proactive and holistic approach to requests.
- Travel occasionally to other offices to provide support.
- Initiate process improvements.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal clients.
- Coordinate and provide support for external meetings and events, such as conferences and special events.
- Lead marketing maintenance and asset management (e.g. Open Asset).
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art, Marketing or a related degree is preferred
- At least ten years of professional graphic design experience
- Skilled at developing and leading graphic art and layout design for print, and at preparing files for print and digital releases.
- Able to conceptualize technical and abstract visuals to meet requested objectives
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite applications such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Intermediate knowledge of WordPress, video editing, and animated images.
- Able to interact professionally, both internally and externally, at all levels
- Skilled at managing competing priorities and deadlines with calm composure. Able to continually reprioritize and adjust focus on a daily/weekly basis.
- Strong writing, editing, and research skills.
- Able to work independently and/or as a valuable member of the team.
- Able to take direction, lead direction, and translate ideas and concepts to meet project objectives.
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy Jenks provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Kennedy Jenks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.