Posted in Sales 11 days ago.
Location: Wilmington, Massachusetts
Job ID: 19134
AMETEK Aerospace and Defense is seeking a Manager of Aftermarket Sales with a proven track record of success in the aerospace commercial and military aftermarket industry to join us in Wilmington, MA. This individual will join a global, multi-site business unit and be expected to drive high-level strategy plus tactical execution to achieve the net revenue goals for the Aftermarket territory. The business unit designs and manufactures highly engineered sensors and fluid management systems for aerospace applications. The aftermarket sales organization consists of sales and account managers, distribution partners, service engineering, and representatives. This individual will set the strategy for maximizing capture of aftermarket bookings and the distribution account activities, while ensuring program wins matching AMETEK’s capabilities. The ideal candidate for this position will possess an inherent drive and tenacious focus on identifying and closing new business opportunities.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5B. AMETEK is well positioned in highly competitive market segments, each with compelling growth characteristics. We expect continued business growth through the execution of our four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, New Products, and Global & Market Expansion. Supporting those strategies are 18,000 associates employed across 30 countries.
This position directly reports to the SFMS Business Unit VP.
• Communicate market trends, competitive info, new opportunities and the voice of the customer to the organization; Initiate product revenue growth strategies including product family positioning, market and competitive analysis, market segmentation and market penetration.
• Engage with customer engineering team(s) to investigate product applications to gain insight into opportunities for incremental revenue through value-add, additional system content, and new product development opportunities (PMA, STC, SAR). Responsible for winning business unit life of program awards, as well as annual orders, sales, PMA, DER, and other defined business goals.
• Designs and manages appropriate channel strategies and managed activity with channel partners, including the preparation of pricing agreements for the aftermarket products, tracks the year-over-year performance on Price and course-corrects.
• Reviews and assists with aftermarket strategies for new programs, reviews, coordinates and supports the execution of OEM Product Support Agreements.
• Work with cross functional global teams to define and implement specific value propositions for customers based on value selling – kitting, packaging, stocking, etc.
• Leverage current portfolio of products and services that is aligned with the segment and business strategies to drive growth.
• Execute tactical functions: prepare multi-year quote proposals, manage sales/engineering/customer interface, establish annual pricing, perform negotiations, manage customers, perform marketing analysis, deliver product training.
• Support financial reporting including forecasting, budgets, and quarterly reporting requirements; provide accurate forecasting for short and long-term bookings and maintains a sales funnel for tracking new business opportunities.
• Create insightful and action-oriented business plans utilizing marketing and financial tools to communicate roadmap for sustained differentiation and growth.
• Collaborate effectively with internal customers and business partners, such as engineering and procurement teams, to maximize capabilities to customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required, BSME is preferred
• MBA is a plus
• 5-7 years’ experience leading tactical and strategic aftermarket sales initiatives in an aerospace MRO environment required, preferably in electromechanical components for the aerospace industry
• Must have a full understanding and experience working with the FAA, PMA, sales direct to airlines, DER repairs, and distributors
• Knowledge and understanding of aerospace sensor applications and/or aircraft systems is a plus
• Deep understanding and knowledge of MRO industry trends and customer base required
• Expectation of knowledge of ITAR, contracts, pricing, and operations in a manufacturing environment
• Proven success in an aftermarket / sales distributor management role required
• Highly collaborative individual with outstanding communication and networking skills
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: presentation, writing, leadership, and interpersonal skills
• Well-developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
• Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
• The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally
• Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Travel: 50%
• Local candidates to Wilmington, MA or Boston area is preferred
• Due to contracts with the United States Government, candidates must be either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents
• No recruiters, please; resumes from staffing/recruiting agencies will not be accepted
• No phone calls, please
• Only resumes submitted through the AMETEK website will be considered
• Relocation is not available for this position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.