Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Location: McCook, TX, Texas
Vestas is looking for safety-focused managers with experience from leadership, to financials, and all that’s in-between. With consistent growth and opportunity in Vestas and persistence in customer satisfaction, we would like you to join our team here in North America as a Site Manager.
Sales/SBU AME/North America Services
The Service business unit is the owner for the after-turbine sales business. Service operates, maintains, and implements all service contracts, T&M work, modified scope contracts, and CIM for various customer assets across North America. Service interfaces directly with operational counterparts within customer organizations maximizing turbine operation and performance.
* Lead and develop a team that models Vestas values and high standards of performance.
* Provide effective leadership that achieves a highly aligned, engaged and motivated site team that produces high-level results against Key Performance Indicators and Operational Goals .
* Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with customers and internal partners.
* Implement and supervise all safety practices and protocols within Vestas’ organizational standards to ensure compliance and optimal safety results with a team that demonstrates safe behaviors.
* Achieves a culture of great work ethic (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement with the site organization to advance capability and performance in all operational areas.
* Responsible for the site budget, cost center management, and operational efficiency.
* Responsible for customer account management and service contract compliance.
* Responsible for the management, effectiveness and efficiency of site assets (vehicles, equipment, tools, office, etc.).
* Willingness to embrace and promote Vestas’ commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
* Associates degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Experience and knowledge of wind turbines and power plant operations is preferred. Will consider similar industry and technology such as hydraulic, rotating heavy equipment service and maintenance
* Significant experience as a leader of a field-deployed technician team with responsibility for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
* Experience managing safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space.
* proven leadership ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team.
* solid continuous improvement and quality methodology skills.
* Previous accountability for budgeting, P&L, and cost management.
* proven ability to achieve customer loyalty through effective relationships and demonstration of value differentiation.
* SAP experience would be preferred
* Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business goals .
* Ability to successfully complete a 200-400 foot pre-employment climb test, pre-employment physical and drug screen, criminal background check, and driving record check. Knowledge of technical drawings and schematics.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary, and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities, we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in McCook, TX. Up to 25% travel is required.