Posted in Facilities 11 days ago.
Location: WEST SACRAMENTO, California
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Job Title: Spray Painter - Coatings Application
Reports To: Production Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour
Benefits: Medical-Dental-Vision-Life Insurance
Mandatory overtime will be required as needed
Summary: Responsible for Spray Painting Window and Door Units or Material Using HVLP Guns. This Task I Based in a Spray Booth,
The employee will be required to perform the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Learns and understands painting area and equipment.*
2. Follows production schedule for amount of paint needed during the day for painting.*
3. Ensures all mixing supplies needed are available.*
4. Prepares all paint according to paint suppliers’ specifications.*
5. Sands and prepares surface for repainting.*
6. Ensures the paint lane is clean.*
7. Keeps all tools, mixing equipment, and mixing area clean.*
8. Fills solvent containers on production floor.*
9. Recognizes color and ensures correct color is used.*
10. Understands assembly and disassembly of paint gun.*
11. Communicates with the manager any issues with paint gun, air supply, paint quality, and paint booth.*
12. Notifies manager when supplies need to be reordered.*
13. Recognizes correct paint color.*
14. Paints samples for every lot of paint opened and adds information on bucket on the back of the sample.*
15. Replaces filters in paint booth and oven as needed and ensures overall cleanliness of paint booth and oven.*
16. Learns paint specifications for different customers, recognizes any issues with preparation, and notifies cleaners of problem.*
17. Paints units using proper technique and follows instructions to ensure proper finish.*
18. Follows safety guidelines and wears personal protective equipment at all times and ensures proper care of equipment.*
19. Learns and understands mechanics of equipment used.*
20. Replaces brown bag on sprinkler heads.*
21. Follows manager directions.*
22. Maintains productive pace as set by manager.*
23. Works cooperatively with other team members.*
24. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Drill press • Rubber mallet
• Agitator drum • Air supply
• Pallet jack • Compressor
• Paint bucket opener tool • Paint booth and oven
• Paint gun
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Knowledge of how to use a paint gun • Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced • Ability to maintain a productive speed environment • Ability to cooperate
• Ability to be punctual • Ability to read and write in English
• Ability to work on a team • Ability to measure with measuring cups
• Ability to be consistent in ounces
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and push and pull.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic chemicals that require the use of supplied PPE - Note that mask fit testing will be provided. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and the job is mostly based in or around a paint booth / dryer system.
Job descriptions may vary depending on the location, equipment, and/or specific customer requirements. Hours subject to change
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 an hour
Daily temperature screening is required when reporting for work. We have an extensive cleaning program, masks and other PPE are provided and must be worn. Social distancing is practiced.