Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Marlton, New Jersey
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Time Type:Full time
Total Weekly Hours:40
****Now hiring for Registered Nurses in Electrophysiology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, and Maternal Fetal Medicine.
Provide Triage Assessments in person and on the telephone with patients to determine the appropriate level of care required.
Prepare and assist clinical providers with patient examinations and procedures.
Perform clinical tasks within the scope of their licensure. Leads team as appropriate and assists with assignment of tasks.
* Conducts Triage patient assessments incorporating psychosocial and physiological status as well as health behaviors, compliance with therapeutic regime and technical procedures.
* Demonstrates a consistent ability to perform patient triage via telephone as well as in person.
* Identifies and evaluates patient and family needs, abilities and readiness to learn via telephone or schedules appointments. Instruct when possible teaching needed via telephone.
* Demonstrates complete knowledge of established standards for documentation.
* Communicates effectively and professionally with staff, supervisor, clients, physicians and others involved in care.
* Handles in office and telephone emergency situations. Stat lab/procedure follow-up. Facilitates medication refills per office policy. PT/INR follow up. Orders office medications/vaccines.
* Prepares patients for exam by obtaining and documenting vital signs, chief complaint.
* Administers vaccines per protocols and standing orders prior to physician exam.
* Performs specimens for processing.
* Assists with Minor surgical procedures and general medical treatment such as administering medication, applying appliances/dressings, performs first aid for injuries, lacerations, punctures, etc. in accordance with policy.
* Administers and documents medications requiring calculation and follow up assessment as directed by the physician.
* Performs diagnostic tests such as EKG, Pulmonary Function Testing, audiograms, vision screening.
* Provides patient education such as diabetic teaching, use of inhalers.
* Assists in the processing of abnormal lab studies as ordered by the physician.
* Assists Residents and Medical Students in the delivery of patient care.
* Participates in QI Projects.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Minimum 6 months experience in a physicians practice/primary care.
Knowledge of minor surgical procedures and sterile techniques.
Graduate of an approved RN School of Nursing.
Current NJ RN License.
Current CPR certification.