Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Location:450 Brookline Ave,
Employment Type:Full time
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This position is responsible for performing various animal husbandry duties in conventional, immunodeficient and transgenic/knockout rodent colonies. The ability to perform all duties while strictly adhering to established SOPs and in compliance with local, state, federal and institutional guidelines and regulations is a requirement. Basic computer skills are needed for computerized record keeping in accordance with established procedures, (i.e. ViewPort system for vivarium management, animal holding room census data collection, and computerized autoclave and cage wash logs.
1. Changing rodent cages while strictly adhering to established SOPs. Administer special diets and medicated water to rodents as required.
2. Maintaining animal rooms and other facility areas in accordance with accepted standards of sanitation. Procedures involved include washing walls, floors, equipment and shelving.
3. Monitoring rodent colonies for sick, injured or dead animals. Recording and reporting such findings in accordance with SOP.
4. Operating and maintaining laboratory animal husbandry equipment including, but not limited to laminar flow work benches, ventilated racks, autoclaves and cage wash equipment.
5. Technical duties may include medical treatments of rodents with minor injuries, weaning, and euthanasia.
6. Proper record keeping including room logs, health reports and autoclave records as required. This will include use of computerized data collections systems for cage census and health monitoring.
7. Will be required to document tasks completed on Viewport Vivarium including notification of maintenance requests. Generation of online compliance reports as required.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time