Posted in Management 16 days ago.
Location: Stony Point, North Carolina
Shift: 2nd; 3pm - 11pm
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Shift Manager provides leadership and direction to assigned employees while meeting safety, quality, and productivity standards. This position is responsible for managing departmental and plant resources, monitoring processes, meeting deadlines, and identifying and facilitating solutions to operate effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervise employees in their respective jobs, assign workloads, evaluate performance annually, approve employee timecards, and initiate employee changes
* Direct training programs within the department to ensure employees are properly trained and any necessary retraining occurs
* Ensure proper communication between employees and management is maintained
* Maintain required production records and report these records to management as required
* Report on needed materials to keep department operating without downtime, consult with purchasing and scheduling to avoid material shortages, and supervise material handling and inventory control procedures to maintain appropriate inventories
* Work closely with management and HR concerning activities impacting shift employees
* Consult with the plants' engineers and management on maintenance issues and changes in processes
* Collaborate with other shift supervisors and departments to ensure maximum results
* Recommend changes in equipment/workforce requirements necessary to meet assigned production schedules and demands, to improve quality and lower manufacturing costs, facilitate safety, fire protection, and housekeeping programs are observed
* Observe production operations, analyze quality data to ensure compliance with manufacturing and product specs, and ensure departmental equipment is appropriately maintained
* Investigate accidents which might occur to ensure the health and welfare of employees
* Participate in company sponsored and self-development programs, facilitate employee team meetings while providing guidance and support to employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Previous supervisory/management experience preferred
* Able to manage multiple priorities effectively and meet strict deadlines
* Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Exceptional problem-solving skills
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills
* Possess ability to prioritize, time management skills, and problem-solving capabilities
* Ability to work extended hours/overtime when required
* Knowledge of project management, coating and finishing procedures, and lean manufacturing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to lift, bend, & stoop when required and stand for extended periods
* Occasional heavy lifting up to 100 pounds
* Ability to work in front of a laptop or PC workstation for extended periods of time
* Occasional standing, sitting, walking, and talking on the phone
The environment is typical of a manufacturing production atmosphere.
* High noise levels in certain parts of the plant
* Extreme heat during summer months
* Required PPE in the manufacturing area (shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection)