Posted in Engineering 16 days ago.
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
An Electrical Engineer job is currently available at Belcan in Lexington, KY. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor's degree and at least 2-4 years of related engineering experience.
Entry Electrical Engineer job duties:
* Design Printed Circuit Boards (PCB"s) in collaboration with design engineers to meet customer requirements. Interpret electrical engineering constraints and determine best strategy for Layout implementation.
* Perform PCB physical layout (parts placement, trace length adjustment, verification, etc.) with surface mount and through hole component technologies.
* Development of 3D models and 2D drawings of pre- and post-production detail parts, assemblies, installations, sub-systems, and integrations for rotocraft electrical design
Support customer in electrical hardware integration and internal wiring for rotocraft from design to production phases
* Assessing customer design requirements to create test equipment and supporting engineering documentation.
* Travel 25% or less
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related engineering degree from an accredited institution.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Ability to interpret provided engineering requirements and determine solution paths,
* Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams, communicate technical information effectively with both internal team and external customers
* Manage time efficiently, and produce accurate designs
* Ability to learn quickly, multitask efficiently, and flexible enough to meet evolving customer prioritization of tasks
* Experience with aerospace, automotive, or industrial preferred but not required
* Analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve/mitigate issues
* 2+ years Experience in PCB design, troubleshooting and verification
* Knowledge of relevant PCB design standards: IPC standards (e.g., 6012, 610, 7711/21, 7351)
* Background/interest in aerospace (school/internship/work experience)
* Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, ASME Y14.100 drafting standards, SAE AS50881, ITAR trade compliance
* Experienced with MIL-SPEC wiring repair including coaxial, fiber optics and shielded wiring.
* Experience with CAD Software Catia, Mentor Graphics and Altium preferred but others (Solidworks, Creo, Cadence Allegro, Eagle, Inventor, UGNX, etc) are acceptable as well
If you are interested in this Electrical Engineer job located in Lexington, KY please apply via the "apply now" link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!