Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Employment Classification:Per Diem
Time Type:Part time
Total Weekly Hours:0
Additional Locations:Berlin, NJ, Burlington Hospital - 218 A Sunset Rd, Camden, NJ, Lourdes Care - Cherry Hill - 1 Brace Rd, Cherry Hill, Lourdes Health System - 1600 Haddon Ave, Marlton, NJ
Job Summary:Virtua is seeking Part - time and Per Diem Registrars in our acute care hospitals:
- Virtua Voorhees
- Virtua Marlton
- Virtua Memorial - Mt. Holly
- Virtua Camden
- Virtua Berlin
- Virtua Willingboro
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes
Gathers and enters patient demographic information into the hospital information system.
Verifies benefits, obtains required authorization.
Obtains co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance and deposit amounts.
Performs accurate and thorough registrations.
Is compliant with regulatory guidelines.
Acts as first contact representative of Virtua by providing excellent customer service.
* Obtains copies of patient insurance cards and identification and enters demographic, financial, insurance and clinical information into computer system; verifies completeness and accuracy of all data.
* Obtains signatures on all required documents for consent, medical necessity, and on required State, Federal and regulatory documentation. Processes all necessary paperwork.
* Correctly identifies, collects and processes co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance and deposits from patients and may facilitate resolution of billing issues by liaising with patient accounting, patient, and insurance representative.
* Identifies and provides appropriate referrals and payment options to patients needed financial assistance.
* Provides additional office support including telephones, scheduling, typing, filing, etc.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
1 year minimum medical admittance and/or medical office experience preferred.
Must demonstrate a positive demeanor, have both strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to handle potentially stressful situations and multiple tasks.
Must have basic typing, computer and/or word processing skills.
High School diploma.
Training / Certification / Licensure:
One year of Epic system experience highly preferred.