Posted in Management 8 days ago.
Location: Portland, Oregon
United States of America
State / County
Anticipated start date
Anticipated start date - day
Anticipated start date - month
Anticipated start date - year
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, PCC is a multi-billion-dollar company employing more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants spread across twenty-six states in the US and over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost, and on-time producer, delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth. PCC was acquired by Warren Buffet-led Berkshire Hathaway in February 2016.
Precisions Castparts Corp. Portland, OR-based, global, market-leading, multi-billion diversified manufacturer serving aerospace, power generation, and general industrial markets.
The University Relations Program Manager plays an essential role in PCC's strategic recruitment plan to attract and hire top, diverse university talent; with the specific focus on meeting the development program hiring objectives.
The successful candidate will provide full-lifecycle recruiting, to include, screening, qualifying, interviewing, and managing candidate relationships while advising PCC recruiters and other team members through the assessment and selection process. Accurately and successfully assesses candidates for cultural, competency, and skill fit, quickly synthesizing candidate and interviewer feedback. Acts as a business partner by advising internal interview teams on effective interviewing techniques and collaborates with others throughout the organization to ensure a smooth process to meet required business objectives. Possesses the business acumen to influence key stakeholders, develop trusting relationships, and effects business outcomes. Understands and adheres to compliance, diversity, and talent acquisition processes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include sourcing and screening talent from Tier 1 Universities, attending targeted campus recruiting events and on-campus interviews, sharing and promoting candidates to internal teams, and maintaining ongoing communication in order to move key candidates through the hiring process in a timely manner. The successful candidate will lead the college recruiting space, virtual as well as live events, display the ability to consult with all levels of internal and external customers, including students and University partners, Hiring Managers, and various levels of leadership.
* Build and share, in partnership with stakeholders, an annual calendar of campus recruitment events and oversee all logistical coordination and implementation through planning, resource requirements, needs assessment, and budget review.
* Develop creative strategies to identify, attract and hire top candidates in a timely fashion and share best practices with team members.
* Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with division teams, HR partners, and business functions to strengthen university relations and recruitment initiatives.
* Collaborate with division teams to participate in and attend either live or virtual events at tier 1 Universities.
* Proactively conduct targeted searches and candidate screenings for top talent through virtual means including Handshake, Symplicity, LinkedIn, etc.
* Ensure a diverse pipeline of talent into entry-level and intern roles including engagement with student organizations and attendance at diversity conferences.
* Maintain ongoing contact with top college and intern talent.
* Update candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS) to ensure data integrity.
* Collaborate with division teams and other key players to ensure streamlined and positive candidate experience.
* Develop and analyze university recruitment metrics.
* Develop and implement process improvements that drive operating excellence.
* Drive the recruiting process to include writing compelling job descriptions, source and screen candidates, conduct/coordinate interviews, make recommendations to the hiring manager and work with partners and support staff to extend offers, driving negotiations as needed.
* As highly visible representatives of PCC, conduct business in a manner that is in the best interests of our corporate development programs and PCC as a whole - with the highest degree of integrity and courtesy.
Experience & Education
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
* 3+ years of experience with an ATS.
* Exposure to on-campus engagement activities (career fairs, targeted events, student organization, and faculty outreach).
* Experience recruiting entry-level and intern talent.
* Ability to travel 40% or more during peak recruitment season.
* Demonstrated project management skills and/or event coordination experience (intern program, rotational programs, hiring events).
* Proven success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision.
* Proven success collaborating across matrixed organizations and functional structures.
* Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Business, Marketing or related field of study.
* Direct experience as a Campus/University Recruiter.
* Previous experience with PCC talent acquisition processes, procedures, and candidate management.
* Experience with Oleeo ATS.
* Exposure or familiarity with other recruitment management tools like Handshake, Symplicity, and LinkedIn.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.