At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people's lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral healthcare, substance-abuse treatment and therapeutic foster care services across the U.S. We're committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you're a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Position Summary: Will provide outpatient nursing services to clients/patients in office with substance abuse disorder under the MAT program; Serve as the primary nursing support for medical providers delivering Medication Assisted Treatment services (MAT), including Suboxone and Vivitrol Treatment; Must have the ability to work independently and as a team.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduate of an approved school or college of nursing; current Florida licensure as a Practical Nurse. Minimum of one year experience as an LPN in an acute care setting. Valid Florida Driver's License with a good driving record and valid auto insurance.
Preferred Qualification: Two years' nursing experience, at least 1 of which is in a mental health setting. Preferable Substance Abuse experience.
Special Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Possesses written and verbal skills for effective communication. Performs basic EMR (Electronic Medical Record) computer skills. Detail oriented with effective problem solving skills. Possesses leadership skills effectively leading a team. Knowledge base in Psychotropic and detox medications. Highly motivated, self-directed, and a team player.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
1. Performs Urine Drug screens for the clients in the clinic.
2. Evaluates clients/patients nursing needs; develops and maintains nursing care plans and administers medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician.
3. Complete refills requested by the client's/patients and address clients/ patient's side effects under the Provider direction.
4. Refers, advocates and links clients to additional services and resources in the community as needed. Acts as a liaison and consults with community agencies.
5. Provide ongoing assessments of client's mental status; e.g. symptoms and response to treatment, drug screens.
6. Inputs clinical documentation into EHR records on a daily basis and in a timely manner for all services rendered directly with or on behalf of clients. (must be documented by the next business day)
7. Completes all required agency and department trainings and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
8. Provide coordination with inpatient facilities to ensure medication and medical continuity of care through transition to outpatient status.
9. Provide client medication education and health wellness education.
10. As necessary, consult with Director of Nursing to maintain medication policies and procedures including transcribing, administering, evaluating, and recording psychotropic medications prescribed by the psychiatrist.
11. Maintain medical areas and records according to corporate, State of Florida, and JCAHO standards.
12. Review and update medical sections of the medical records as needed.
13. Ability to meet productivity standards of at least 50% as set by management
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment/Physical Demands: This Position operates in an office setting; you will be in Contact with a variety of individuals. Sit and stand for extended periods of time. Reach in all directions including above the shoulders. Lift and carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and stoop. Write legible reports. Read notes, memos, and printed materials. Verbal, auditory, and written capabilities to effectively communicate in an articulate manner.
Position Type, Expected Hours of Work and Travel: This is a full time, hourly position. Routine days and hours of work are Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Time Type:Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.