Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
At Gray Solutions our mission is to be Trusted advisors delivering outcome based solutions through deep collaboration and lasting partnerships, while providing fulfilling team member experiences.
Formed in 2018, Gray Solutions, a Gray company, is a leader in automation and process integration for customers in the Food & Beverage market. Our creative approach to optimizing complex integrated processes allows us to deliver fast, transformative results for projects of all sizes.
Gray is a fully integrated service provider deeply rooted in engineering, design, and construction services. As a family and employee owned company, we focus on the manufacturing, food & beverage, automotive, distribution, mission critical, and commercial markets for domestic and international customers. The Gray family of brands provides specialized capabilities across key markets and customers. Together, we deliver highly customized solutions that meet customers’ most sophisticated needs.
Specifically, the Automation Engineer is responsible for the following:
• Design, develop and implement PLC/HMI based control and automation systems for various customer. Candidates
must possess the skills to manage and implement industrial projects from design through commissioning using
• Participate in estimating and proposal phase of major projects including research and analysis based on customer
proposals, specifications or other information to assist in pre-project planning.
• Design automation systems based on partner or customer provided control descriptions, joint-design sessions with
partners or customers, analysis of existing operations or other means to develop functional design.
• Develop well-documented and flexible PLC code in a standard programming language.
• Design and develop HMIs that are professional looking and clean, with a simple and common navigation structure.
• Work with other team members, partners or customers as needed to oversee or share design and development
responsibilities to deliver successful projects.
• Develop solutions to support testing and commissioning activities as required by customers and partners.
• Provide on-site commissioning support and customer training as required, including the supervision of other team
members and partners.
• Responsible for the communication, implementation and enforcement of Gray’s safety program on site.
• The team members must possess the appropriate training or experience programming automation systems and
must be able to quickly understand complex technical solutions.
• They must have excellent PLC programming skills and have an in-depth knowledge of the Rockwell (Allen-Bradley)
family of products.
• They must also have strong HMI programming skills in either the Rockwell RSView platform or Ignition. Knowledge
of other automation platforms, including offerings from Siemens, Wonderware, GE, etc is preferred. 2 | P a g e
• Applicable candidates should have experience in standard project management practices, including project scope,
budget, goals, technical and functional requirements. Scope and budget balance with customer needs and
expectations from design through commissioning and long-term support.
• Candidates should be able to complete projects without help from others but may also be responsible for
managing projects, customer relationships and larger teams. They may also be responsible for developing the
technical skills of junior engineers.
• The position will include customer interaction at a functional and technical level, candidates must possess excellent
oral and written communication skills.
• May supervise other team members, as well as subcontractors and partners.
• The new team member should be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a team environment, as well
as a passion for collaboration and professional development. If you are a high achiever striving to exceed
expectations in a fast-paced innovative company, then Gray is the place for you.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and
arms, reach, and talk or hear. They are regularly required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must frequently
lift and/or move up to 25 lbs, and occasionally lift or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities include accurate near
and distant vision.
Frequently in a normal office environment where noise level is moderate and temperature/humidity is controlled.
Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. May
be exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold and/or heat, risk of electrical shock,
explosives and vibrations. Noise level on the job site is normally moderate to loud. Overtime will be required. Travel
will be required.
May supervise other team members, as well as subcontractors and partners.
Our Company will be proactive in employing and advancing qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status.