Posted in Engineering 18 days ago.
Location: Richland, Washington
Location: Richland, WA
Title: Software Engineer Jr
Schedule (FT/PT): FT
Travel Required: No
North Wind Solutions is a Government contracting small business with operations at military and civilian installations across the United States. The company's focus is facilities operation and maintenance, waste management and radiological services, security control and force protection, and environmental services.
This position will provide software engineering support to create, develop, operate and maintain software programs at the Hanford site. Software engineering support also includes the assessment, maintenance, documentation, modernization, testing, and implementation functions. Responsibilities may include the support of legacy systems and the production of new systems.
The Junior Software Engineer will provide development and support for a variety of customized applications, as well as Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products. This includes Power BI report and dashboard development, as well as .NET and other programming languages with back-end databases developed in Structured Query Language (SQL) Server. Support also includes the operation and maintenance support for legacy systems.
The Junior Software Engineer will work with other project software engineers, interface with the project managers, and meet with customer subject experts.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science/IT/related field OR a combination of education and work experience (2 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of formal education)
* 0-1 years' relevant experience in a multi-platform environment including, but not limited to application development or database development
* 1-2 years' experience in development of applications using .NET technology
* 1-2 years' experience in SQL or Oracle design/support
* Ability to work in a multi-task, multi-project development environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
* Strong customer relationship skills.
* Highly self-motivated and self-directed
* Ability to occasionally work during non-standard business hours.
* Understanding of BI and Business Analysis techniques
* 2-3 years' experience using .NET technology
* 1-2 years' experience with Team Foundation Server or other source control technology
* Experience with Software Development Life Cycle management including but not limited to software development, configuration management, and software development metrics
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Proof of citizenship will be required as a condition of employment.