Quality Control Checker
Oshkosh, WI 54901 US (Primary)
Manufacturing and Production
High School Education/GED
Crown Cork & Seal USA, a global metal packaging company is looking for aQuality Control Checker ($18.35 an hour) at our plant in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. We offer a fully funded employer benefits which means free medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage to the employee.
Crown Cork & Seal USA, Inc is the number one manufacturer of food cans in the world. Our complete array of food packaging serves a variety of markets, including fruit, vegetables, dairy, fish, meat, ready meals, pet food, infant milk powder and other dry food products. We offer a wide selection of food cans from round to bowl as well as shaped cans. We truly focus on excellence. Here is your chance to join the Crown Food Division at our facility in Oshkosh, WI.
We offer a competitive salary will full comprehensive benefits effective the first of the month after 60 days of employment. We also offer a fully funded employer benefits which means free medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage to the employee.
1. Ensure all equipment, guards, and safety devices are in place at all times, and follow safe work procedures and safety rules.
2. Inspect and test products for quality defects in the manufacturing process and report issues and concerns to various departments.
3. Perform continual quality control checks to ensure product is running with specifications.
4. Audits various applications to product to ensure SOP specifications are met.
5. Analyze spoilage, record causes, and take corrective actions where applicable.
6. Monitor processes and report all problems to supervision through interaction and required paperwork.
7. Advise management, and coach fellow co-workers on matters regarding quality issues.
8. Follow all SOP requirements and intercedes or challenges proper personnel when defects are present in production runs.
9. Notifies supervisor of any incidences or recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken and or any poor material or supplies noted.
10. Interacts and report to/with Quality Manager in creation and revisions of SOP's as changes and additions require.
11. Keep area safe, clean, and organized.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
This position may be called the following at other companies;
Quality Control Inspector
Quality Assurance Inspector