At SITA, a Senior Bid Manager leads and manages virtual Bid Teams across a matrix structure. Acts as the main point of contact for the Customer on bids as it relates to the solution, commercial or contract. Will successfully close new and renewal business opportunities related to strategic large and/or complex solutions. May also be given responsibility for creating and managing a global bid and proposal management function to enable SITA to capitalize on market opportunities with optimum efficiency and achieve targeted bid to sale conversion rates.
What you will do:
* Drives full qualification of opportunities with the management team at initial stages and continually qualifies the opportunity during the bid process.
* Provides the bid team with a full understanding of the customer's business and commercial drivers in order to analyze and document the customer's detailed requirements; Manages the development of the optimum bid strategy and associated appropriate levels of response in order to successfully win each strategic contract.
* Develops the overall bid project plan and builds and manages the virtual Bid Team to achieve the bid deliverables in an effective and efficient manner. This includes leading the process of identifying potential partners and selecting / negotiating / contracting with such partners.
* Owns and reviews the overall response to customer assessing the risk to delivering a successful bid project and ensuring that these are addressed appropriately.
* Manages and coordinates the negotiation team in the pre-contract stage with the Customer including the setting up of appropriate commercial partnership agreements and underpinning contracts to support contract deliverables whilst ensuring that the relevant internal expertise is involved in the closure of commercial financial and legal issues with the customer.
* Plans for and ensures a smooth transition from the Bid Team to the implementation team upon contract award including comprehensive and clear documentation of all aspects of the solution.
* Manages the approval process for the proposed solution (including financials) is carried out in accordance with the appropriate corporate guidelines.
* Comprehensively prepares for and effectively manage the presentation of SITA's solution response at formal and informal internal third party and Customer meetings.
* Communicates progress regularly and clearly to the relevant SITA senior management and stakeholders ensuring that major issues are escalated and addressed.
Who you are:
* Commercial experience in similar roles with strong project management skills across multiple teams in multiple locations is required.
* Must have real Proposal/Big Management, Sales Business Development or Account Management experience, including experience managing formal tenders (RFP/RFQ/RFIs) with aggressive response times
* Experience in aviation industry or IT is a plus.
* Must have knowledge / experience with Contractual Terms and Conditions, bonding, risk management
* Hands-on experience and verifiable experience in complex bids, proposals or projects - in purchasing and/or sales - including exposure to the vendor side.
* Relevant understanding of the airport and/or airline operation is an advantage.
* Experience in developing successful relationships at Senior Manager level.
* Experience in managing teams and meeting tight deadlines.
* Preferably having worked in a multinational company. Preferably having used Salesforce, MS
Word/Excel/Pwpt (moderate to advanced user).
* B. A. or equivalent professional experience in Engineering / Economics / Business Administration / Finance or Legal Project Management training
* APMP training or certification
* MBA master's degree or professional equivalent experience in the Bid Management field is preferred
What we offer
SITA's workplace is all about diversity: many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce, and colleagues who've been working here for decades collaborate with those just out of college and early in their careers. SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we're always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things: smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too.
And we offer all the good stuff you'd expect like holidays, bonuses, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world-class learning.
Welcome to SITA
SITA is the world's leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology. We don't just connect the global aviation industry. We apply decades of experience and expertise to address almost every core business, operational, baggage, and passenger process in air transport.
We design, build and support technology solutions all with one vision to create easy air travel every step of the way. As an organization, we cover 95% of all international air travel destinations and work with over 2,800 air transport and government customers in every corner of the globe. Are you ready to explore the opportunities?
SITA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. SITA does not discriminate based on age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, age, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
SITA is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to individuals with disabilities. SITA will provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed.
SITA's equal employment opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and actions, including, without limitation, recruitment, application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.