Posted in Management 9 days ago.
Location: Westfield Center, Ohio
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer's future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Marketing Strategy Manager Job Summary
Location: Westfield Center, OH
Salary Range: Minimum: $110,379.00 - Midpoint: $126,937.00
The Marketing Strategy Manager is responsible for development and implementation of enterprise and business segment marketing strategies and programs in alignment with segment competitive business strategies. The strategy and programs are designed to drive profitable growth and long-range brand recognition through a broad, customer-centric marketing strategy for the corresponding Business Unit (e.g., PL, CL, Agribusiness, Surety). Responsible for leveraging data and analytics to identify new or enhance existing marketing strategies, proactively assess opportunities in the marketplace and developing, implementing, and measuring corresponding programs.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Defines and executes a market and customer driven marketing strategy and programs in alignment with enterprise and business segment competitive business strategies.
2. Develops and implements strategic marketing plans with Business Unit Leaders to align sales plans, profitable growth, and forecasts to achieve Business Unit goals and objectives.
a. Identifies new and/or enhances existing marketing strategies, proactively assessing opportunities in the marketplace, interpreting consumer needs and leveraging best-in-class marketing research and customer insights/analytics from the Analytics Resource Center.
b. Assesses market opportunities and develops, implements, and measures corresponding programs to drive marketing strategy.
c. Utilizes the full spectrum of traditional and innovative marketing channels, including digital, mobile and social media.
3. Helps translate strategy into a Go-To-Market Plan for various Business Units.
a. Defines the Business Unit's market positioning in terms of strategic objectives, value proposition, differentiators, and client engagement experience, etc.
b. Aligns with the Business Unit's Product Management, Channel Strategy, and Portfolio Underwriting to define capability requirements and opportunities into a go-to-market plan.
c. Defines and tracks success and steering measures, monitors Business Unit segment performance and draws conclusions for governance and steering that enable delivery.
4. Leverages customer and end-consumer insights, market, and competitor analysis to identify target market and Business Unit opportunities for profitable growth. Conducts fact-based analysis of the market to systemically evaluate, prioritize, and recommend marketing opportunities to grow business in alignment with corporate and business unit goals.
5. Develops and maintains the value proposition for the segment, based on a comprehensive understanding of consumer and marketplace dynamics.
6. Collaborates effectively with Business Unit teams and corporate functions to set and align the segment's marketing/value proposition vision, strategy and roadmap to the corporate strategy; focus includes target market, customer offers and experience, marketing strategy, and innovation.
7. Utilizes an agile mindset and acts as a change leader, playing an integral part in evolving the organization's understanding of the segment's strategy by engaging and educating stakeholders on the overall strategy and its associated benefits.
8. Travels as needed in order to perform other essential functions.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 5 or more years of progressive experience developing and implementing strategic marketing, go-to-market strategies and innovation processes.
2. 5 or more years of experience the insurance and/or financial services industry including marketing, brand management and/or sales and services.
3. Experience conducting analysis identifying key growth areas leveraging industry data as well as new data sources to generate insights, conduct market assessments and design marketing strategies
4. Experience working in segment marketing, product management and/or business to business distribution channel.
5. Experience designing customer and market segmentation strategies.
6. Experience monitoring performance metrics through a regular review schedule to ensure value delivery against defined objectives.
7. Strong understanding of the marketplace and needs including the ability to think externally and strategically.
8. Experienced in influencing without authority to achieve business results and adoption of strategies and plans.
9. Excellent communicator with excellent written, oral interpersonal, and presentation communication skills.
10. Experience effectively prioritizing and managing a large volume of projects/activities to completion.
11. Successful management of broad organizational and transformational change including aligning leaders and stakeholders and building coalitions of change agents.
12. Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business, Marketing or related field OR commensurate experience.
13. Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.