Posted in Facilities 13 days ago.
Location: Hickory, North Carolina
Shift C: 7pm - 7am; Rotating Schedule
Pay Range: $20.91 - $32.00
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician is responsible for setup, installation, troubleshooting, repair and testing of complex mechanical/electrical equipment including automatic machines and process controls, motor control centers and related controls, computer control systems, some with human/machine interfaces, as well as basic plant electrical equipment; this includes preventive maintenance activities related to production and building equipment, machinery and components
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
o Reviews and accurately reports personal activities on a daily basis
o Assists the Lead Person and/or Manager in determining proper installation and/or repair procedures for mechanical, electrical and/or electronic equipment
o Notifies the Manager or Lead Person if additional hand, power, or electronic diagnostic tools are required
o Participates in preventative maintenance program as directed by Maintenance supervision
o Assures that safe work practices and company policies are adhered to at all times
o Assists the Lead Person and/or Engineering & Maintenance Manager in establishing and maintaining optimum inventory levels of critical components
o Assists in departmental safety programs and housekeeping
o Communicates any equipment problems and maintenance issues from shift
o Performs other duties as directed by the Manager or Plant Manager
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Capable of performing low-to-high voltage electrical work, laying out and wiring complex circuits with large numbers of connections, troubleshooting and correcting faulty logic and control circuits, as well as carrying out installations, repairs and tests on virtually all production and plant equipment.
* Capable of performing light-to-heavy mechanical work, general plumbing, general carpentry, floor and tile installation and repair
* Proficient in the use of basic hand tools, power tools, volt/ohm/amp meters and oscilloscopes, and other electrical diagnostic equipment as may be necessary
* Able to familiarize self with company philosophy, procedures, and practices
* Able to familiarize self with Shurtape's manufacturing environment and equipment
* Possesses good mechanical/electrical/electronic aptitude
* Possesses a strong work ethic and is able to function effectively with minimal supervision
* Ability to report any and all safety hazards
* Ability to train and supervise other personnel when required
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
o Education or work experience in ONE of the following areas
Associates degree in ONE of the following majors: Electrical Technology, Electronics Technology, or Mechanical Technology
Military-2 years min. service with training in ONE of the following areas: Electrical Technology Electronics Technology, or Mechanical Technology
On-The-Job Training-3 years minimum in ONE of the following areas: Industrial maintenance-electrical, Industrial maintenance- electronics, or Industrial maintenance- mechanical.
o Appropriate WorkKeys Scores
Locating Information: 4
Applied Technology: 3
Reading for Information: 4
Applied Mathematics: 4
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Constantly (2/3 to Full Day)
* Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of day)
o Talking (telephone/radio and/or other employees)
o Lifting, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending
* Occasionally (1/3 of day)
o Typing, writing
* Must have normal color vision
* Must be able to lift 60 lbs
Provide a brief description of the physical requirements of the job and the work environment in which the job is performed.
* Performs jobs under varying conditions (dust, oil, grease, hot and humid temperatures, fumes, noise, etc.)
* Wears proper PPE in the manufacturing area (shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection)