Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
The NOC (Network Operations Center) Technician I is responsible for Infrastructure Monitoring which consist of servers, network or the data center environment. The NOC is also responsible for User Experience Monitoring, which simulates user behavior and activities in order to replicate problems and find the most effective solutions.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Education Details: High school Diploma or equivalent; college coursework in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems related program, or equivalent experience preferred.
Certification Details: Industry related certifications preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum two (2) years of experience in the information technology field.
* Entry-level position requiring experience in the information technology field.
* Work experience in a Help Desk/NOC setting.
* Experience with software support for multiple applications (Cisco, Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA, Whats Up Gold, Site 24x7, Nagios)
* Computer configuration and maintenance
* Linux experience preferred
* Macintosh experience preferred
* The NOC Technician I has excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
* Takes initial information technology issue inquiries and trouble-shooting and manages relatively simple hardware, software or Allegiant information technology system issues.
* Recognizes and escalates more difficult problems to Tier II support.
* Logging incident activity.
* Monitors information technology systems and provides proactive alerting to issues.
* Willingness and ability to learn new products and network technologies quickly, often without the focus of formalized training.
* Creates knowledge base articles to assist with troubleshooting.
* Communicates shift turnover events with team members.
* Communicates with internal and customer-facing teams in support of status updates regarding open issues, and implement actions in support of root cause analysis and problem remediation.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers