TX - Austin
VP of Accounting
Mood Media Corporation is a leading in-store media specialist that uses a mix of music, visual and scent media to help its clients communicate with consumers with a view to driving incremental sales at the point-of-purchase. Operating through its two principal divisions; In-Store Media and Retail Point-of-Purchase; Mood Media Corporation works with more than 800 retail chains in more than 40 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Remote VP of Accounting
Mood Media is looking for a VP, Financial Operations who holds a CPA and who has proven professional track record. This is a senior level position leading the North American accounting function which requires significant experience in a complex financial environment.
The candidate must have substantial experience in International Financial Reporting Standards and possess excellent technical accounting skills. Thepositionwill be responsible for providing executive leadership and management of the company's financial functions.
The candidate will direct the day-to-day financial management of the Company as well as financial operational activities, and importantly will act as a strategic partner with the CFO and leadership to appropriately scale the business for growth. This position requires a hard- working, hands on individual who can work well in a team environment.
TheVP, Financial Operationswill report directly to the CFO in the oversight of the North American Accounting Department to ensure proper financial reporting of the largest division of Mood Media. This position will have an existing staff of professionals reporting to him/her with the expectation of hiring/training/managing the team as the Company continues to operate through its strategic plan.
The VP, Financial Operations will have a core set of responsibilities including accounting; accounts payable; treasury and risk management.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Ensure the accounting and accounts payable teams are appropriately staffed and responsibilities adequately assigned to achieve success in day-to-day tasks as well as the monthly and quarterly reporting requirements. The success of this position is directly tied to the success of the team.
* Responsible for the development of and timely and accurate reporting of the financial statements and supplementary reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with IFRS.
* Ensure an efficient and timely monthly and quarterly close process including: preparation and review of quarterly documentation, package for corporate reporting including but not limited to financial statements, activity schedules, and reconciliations.
* Responsible for the development, implementation, and compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
* Leading the review of business transactions and identify appropriate accounting treatment including: conducting accounting research, documenting rationale and conclusion, and preparing accounting entries.
* Ensure the timely completion, review and documentation of all monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
* Detailed review and analysis of all key areas including revenue, cost of sales, music licensing, A/R and related reserve, Inventory and related provision, and accounting for affiliates.
* Work in sync with FP&A team on monthly and quarterly reporting to the executive team.
* Responsible for cash reporting and cash forecasting for North America. Needs to review in detail the North American cash receipts and disbursements in the weekly cash forecast and compare to actuals.
* Responsible for the Accounts Payable and cash disbursement process. Ensure optimization of all payable related KPIs.
* Fully responsible for the completion and success of the external audit process and quarterly reviews.
* Fully engage with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development and reporting
* Participate in M&A activity related to the due diligence requirements and then lead the Accounting team in the integration activities after any M&A activity.
* Work with the CFO on special projects requiring detailed activity analysis.
* Responsible for mentoring and coaching all direct and indirect reports.
* Other ad hoc projects as requested.
The ideal candidate may possess the following additional skills:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
* Master's degree in accounting or business preferred
* CPA certification required
* Public Accounting experience required
* 10-12 years experience in a combination of audit experience and as an active participant financial reporting and detailed subledger reconciliations
* Experience in a franchised business is a plus, background in M&A and integration is also preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating and interacting with remote teams at all levels to gather information
* Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
* Superior EXCEL skills required
* Familiarity with an Oracle database and Sequel reporting a plus.
* Comfortable in identifying accounting issues and taking the initiative to research them.
* Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic fast paced environment with tight deadlines
* Experience in the media industry and IFRS is a plus
* Ability to pivot among priorities quickly and deliver short term analytics and long term projects
* PASSION in what you do & self-motivation with a CAN-DO attitude
* Flexible work schedule to accommodate peak times
Mood Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Visit us online at www.moodmedia.com