Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Help Me Grow Business and Administrative Coordinator
Education and Experience
Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred with 5 to 7 years progressively increasing experiences directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, or equivalent.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system, Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* General administrative policies and procedures required of healthcare and non-profit organizations .
* General math and accounting procedures.
* Intermediate to Advanced level skills in word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), and presentation (Microsoft Powerpoint) applications.
* Database management skills (e.g. Microsoft Access), including ability to utilize database applications, perform basic queries and produce reports.
* Experience utilizing the following or similar website, email distribution, survey, or event registration platforms: WordPress, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, CVENT.
* Skill in use of operating basic office equipment (e.g. copier, fax, calculator, multi-featured telephone).
* Attend to administrative detail utilizing initiative, problem analysis techniques, good judgement and confidentiality.
* Understand and apply knowledge of department/organizational policies and procedures to resolve routine to complex problems and meet multiple needs of customers.
* Multi-task and problem solve with working knowledge of unit/department.
* Organize and manage time, activities and processes on weekly and/or project basis.
* Make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
* Focus on customer needs and follow through to meet needs.
* As assigned, gather, review and compile information and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports, often with deadlines.
* Maintain calendars and schedule appointments utilizing electronic scheduling software.
* Create, compose and edit written materials.
* Function in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail.
Licenses and Certifications
Projected Schedule (not guaranteed)
Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Office for Community Chld Hlth-010225
Under limited supervision, coordinates and performs a variety of administrative, business, and operational support duties for the HMG National Center. Requires a high level of skills and knowledge of departmental and organizational policies and procedures. Utilizes considerable judgement in interpreting policies to resolve routine to complex inquiries or problems. Develops, recommends and implements administrative and operational protocols for the department. Prepares a wide range of documents; composes, edits and proofreads correspondence and reports; creates and maintains spreadsheets, databases, and Help Me Grow (HMG) National website; performs duties involving mathematical calculations and general accounting procedures. Coordinates departmental operations, such as scheduling meetings and webinars, directs visitors, answers and directs calls; utilizes judgment to interpret departmental policy to resolve routine to complex inquiries or problems, serves as liaison with other departments.
PROGRAMMATIC SUPPORT ACTIVITIES - Anticipates, plans and coordinates activities to manage assigned administrative support responsibilities. May be requested to provide instruction and/or training to others in activities, processes and responsibilities related to this position or associated activities. Maintains and expands own competencies by attending training sessions or educational programs, as directed. Facilitates and coordinates targeted Help Me Grow National Center activities with affilaites of the network. Encourages team members to adhere to professional standards and to expand competencies. As assigned, actively participates in and contributes to departmental/ organization wide committees. Position may require travel to departments located in other buildings or on other campuses for duties integral to the position. Out of state travel may also be required as part of annual Help Me Grow National Forum.
APPOINTMENTS, MEETINGS & EVENTS - Coordinates and schedules appointments, interviews, meetings or events; exercises discretion and judgment to coordinate calendars for multiple individuals or groups. Assists department staff in the coordination of travel and logistics associated with out of state travel and meetings. Assists with the coordination and logistics of off-site meetings, including the annual Help Me Grow National Forum.
CORRESPONDENCE, REPORTS & DOCUMENTS - Performs a variety of assignments to prepare, transcribe, type, edit and distribute agendas, minutes & documents; composes routine to complex correspondence & documents; may create forms, flyers, templates as needed.
Demonstrates cultural sensitivity in all interactions with clients.
Demonstrates support for the mission, values and goals of the organization through behaviors that are consistent with the Connecticut Children's Standards.
BUSINESS COORDINATION/RECORDS MAINTENANCE & REPORTS - Compiles and maintains statistics, budget or data pertaining to departmental operations. Prepares or assists with preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; performs information gathering and analysis; prepares reimbursement requests, work orders, requisitions, paperwork associated with office supply ordering, etc. Copies and/or duplicates materials; prepares and transmits facsimiles. Formats and sends out electronic correspondence to HMG National Network affiliate list servs, including but not limited to E-notes, webinar announcements, and surveys. Monitors, maintains, and performs basic updates to the Help Me Grow National website and CVENT event registration, as needed. Proofreads all work to ensure accuracy and neatness.
PROGRAM COORDINATION/HMG NATIONAL CENTER AFFILIATE RELATIONS
Targeted Help Me Grow National Center activities with affiliates of the network will include, but not be limited to, coordination of annual HMG National Fidelity Assessment data collection and reporting, and logistical and programmatic support of New Affiliate Partners Group
RECEPTION, INFORMATION & INQUIRIES - Following departmental protocol greets, determines needs & directs internal staff and external visitors; accepts, screens & routes telephones calls. Answers inquiries, provides forms/information, or resolves problems concerning activities and/or operations of department; follows through, as required, to meet needs of customers. May open and distribute incoming mail and prepare/process outgoing mail/packages.