Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Location: Elmwood Park, New Jersey
Under the directive of the Manager/Director, the Supervisor plans, organizes, schedules, and directs the department in order to effectively utilize employees and systems to meet established turnaround time and material utilization within budgetary constraints, as required, while adhering to quality standards. The Supervisor provides direct on-site analysis of the day to day operation including adjustment of specimen workflow, test performance, quality, compliance, and associated documentation to adhere to the applicable regulatory agencies, company policies and
Duties and Responsibilities: Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
· Maintains adequate staffing by interviewing, hiring, training, and performing the competency assessment of personnel.
· Performs the scheduling, planning, staffing, and monitoring of workflow based on patient load to meet established goals.
· Provides staff development through feedback aimed towards performance development and review. Participates in corrective counseling, when necessary.
· Procures appropriate supplies and equipment to maximize department efficiency and stays within established budgetary and quality goals including accurate monthly inventory, as applicable.
· Troubleshoots and recommends process improvements.
· Supports, implements, and ensures compliance with all department and company policies and procedures.
· Monitors and ensures implementation of processes to meet established goals.
· Ensures compliance with regulatory agency requirements through maintaining proper documentation, conducting audits, and corrective actions.
· Interacts with internal and external customers to ensure proper sample handling, reporting and resolution of questions and concerns.
· Participates in the updating of departmental standard operating procedures and forms to accurately reflect the current practices.
· Participates in supervisory training classes, CEU and/or MediaLab as required.
· Reviews timecards weekly for employee attendance and overtime.
· Spends an appropriate amount of time with each member of their staff, regardless of shift.
· Delegation to the backup supervisor to ensure proper coverage of all required tasks in his/her absence.
· Maintains and updates Safety Data Sheets.
· Review of work prior to release when applicable.
· Must have proven leadership, interpersonal, communication and computer skills in the specialty area being supervised.
· Ability to express ideas and report findings in a comprehensive and thorough manner. Answers inquiries regarding special factors that can influence test results.
· Interacts with co-workers in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
· Develops and promotes a "patient first" attitude towards all internal and external associates of the laboratory.
· Applies principles of confidentiality in all laboratory and patient matters.
· Presents a professional appearance and manner.
· Must be able to remain calm and professional, even under stressful conditions.
· May be required to adjust schedule, at the needs/demands of the company.
· Performs other tasks as specified by the Manager/Director
· College degree preferred.
· Mathematical, computer, reasoning, and language skills at the college level preferred.
· Minimum 2 years laboratory experience.
· Knowledge of Medical Terminology
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer