Posted in Management 11 days ago.
Location: South Gate, California
United States of America
State / County
Dickson Testing Company
Anticipated start date
Anticipated start date - day
Anticipated start date - month
Anticipated start date - year
With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Located in South Gate, Dickson Testing Company, Inc. is a full-service destructive testing laboratory serving aerospace and metallic producers worldwide. Our laboratories serve our customers with metallurgical, mechanical, corrosion, and chemical testing services. In support of these services our facility provides complete specimen fabrication, cut off services and heat treat capability.
The Sales Manager is responsible for campaign leadership and successfully developing and maintaining customer relationships to achieve company goals. This individual identifies new growth opportunities, provides leadership to sales campaigns, develops sales strategies, supports or leads existing business negotiations as assigned, and responsible for capturing new business. The Sales Manager may be assigned to support renewal business. The Sales Manager will be the point of contact for the customers, serves as the voice of the customer, and coordinates the organization's responses to the customer as required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Comply with PCC Code of Conduct requirements.
* Effectively lead department staff by coaching, developing, communicating, delegating, and holding staff accountable. Create a team-oriented environment which motivates staff and keeps employees engaged in their jobs and the Company.
* Participates in daily line walks & shipping planning meetings (final cert meeting) and then acts on issues identified for sales/programs to address.
* Interfaces with other departments to drive key customer-related issues to resolution.
* Identifies inefficiencies in both inter-departmental and intra-departmental sales/programs processes (such as contract review) and implements or negotiates to drive changes/improvements to these processes.
* Generates and distributes weekly bookings reports, transactional quoting reports, and customer feedback.
* Responsible for contract analysis, strategy, and high-level information exchanges with major customers.
* Manages reporting and data organization for all commercial activities.
* Supports facilities in tactical customer endeavors.
* Standardizes sales functions such as quoting and contract strategy, leverages best practices across the Division, and conducts costs structure comparison between plants.
* Attends customer meetings/conferences and handles mid to low-level issues and negotiations.
* Gives high-level presentations to customers and create sales presentations in support of leadership.
* Conducts day-to-day sales functions including data mining, spreadsheet modeling, and database entry.
* Maintains constant awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems with assigned area; recognizes trends that develop and takes corrective action or makes appropriate recommendations as required which may include recruiting new and terminating existing Distributors.
* Partnered with the General Manager, develop annual business plans which includes setting sales goals and planning market development activities.
* Analyzes and prepares sales forecasts and reports via CRM. All sales personnel complete a weekly report including pipeline, detail of activity in the territory and project updates.
* Expected to demonstrate a high level of managerial competency, including awareness of territorial market drivers, performance of our technology, the company's competitive position versus competition, and the performance of distribution relative to established sales targets and associated profitability. The Sales Manager must be aware of profitability trends and to demonstrate competency in describing, understanding and then driving the factors necessary for quarter over quarter growth. Proactive engagement of this performance category is critical to meeting and exceeding sales targets.
* Travel up to 30% - local, domestic, and international, e.g., customer visits and trade shows.
*Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; preferably in science, engineering, or business.
* Minimum of five years related experience in aerospace sales or program management; test lab and/or manufacturing industry desired.
* Previous supervisory experience required.
* Effective leadership, e.g., ability to define team objectives and hold others accountable for results.
* Ability to analyze and interpret data. Proficiency in MS Excel.
* Trouble shooting skills with focus on process improvement
* Effective communications skills, both verbal and written, to convey ideas and processes
* Ability to complete work assignments accurately and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal
* Self-motivated and able to work independently without close supervision
* Strong organization and planning skills.
* Biased for action.
* Team Oriented.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to work 40+ hours per week, including weekends as required.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer commit ted to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.