Director of Engineering
Engineering & Tech Operations | Seattle, Washington
Our Agreement with Employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what's right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you'll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
Provide direction, leadership motivation and inspiration for our Operations and Data Center teams. These teams are critical to the service availability of DocuSign. Ensure these teams have the direction and support to succeed.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Engineering
* Leading and managing a team of tech ops engineers.
* Data driven with strong analytic skills
* Focus on driving quality through constant improvement
* Subject matter expertise with Windows OS or Linux/Centos
* Broad supporting technical understanding from load balancing to scripting
* Familiarity with Data Center environments and HP hardware
* Proven experience of mentoring and developing people
* Project management skills
* Understanding of operational best practices
* Understanding of security best practices, compliance frameworks, forensic investigation and defense in depth.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
* Excellent presentation and communication skills including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear, jargon free language.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
* 15+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience in B2B with SaaS companies
* History of mentoring architects and engineers in pursuing their career direction
* Demonstrated experience building robust, resilient web platforms, architecture and integration with Enterprise Apps (Provisioning, Billing, etc.)
* Strong, professional experience with CMS, Drupal in particular
* Hands-on, professional experience with consuming, building and architecting RESTful web
services at scale.
* Experience tackling both business and technical challenges
* Experience collaborating with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Self-confident and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and
manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that's a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category