Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Looking for career opportunities, an employer who develops their people, a place to make your mark? If so, we are looking for you. MEI Rigging & Crating is a professional machinery moving company. We are a leader in our field and we provide quality machinery moving services to our clients ranging from Automotive, Social Media, and Aerospace companies to every industry in between. MEI Rigging & Crating is known in the industry for our professionalism, safety focus, quality methods, and skilled team. We are committed to ensuring that our clients can provide their services to the communities that we live in. Our people are our best asset and we invest in training, support, and we promote from within. If you are looking to be a part of a great team, please apply!
The Lead Rigger position is responsible for all activities that take place on the assigned job site.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for all job site management activities of the rigging crew.
* Develops, plans, and implements crew and alignment with customer and salesmen with direction of job.
* Direct workforce to meet operational goals in terms of volume, cost, quality, safety, and schedule.
* Directly supervises and works with one or more machinery moving crews.
* Hands on supervisory role with the ability to effectively move machinery utilizing forklifts, skates and jacks, and cranes.
* Develop, train, and instruct machinery moving crews in best known rigging operation practices and procedures including safety.
* Work closely with safety personnel in coordinating safety training, accident and injury investigations and reporting, and equipment or property damage incidents investigations and reporting.
* Build customer and employee relationships with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Effectively manage job site projects by documenting and organizing all project information to ensure they are accurate and contain all necessary information.
* Consistently demonstrates professional conduct representative of MEI corporate mission, vision, and values.
* Work alongside field technicians in assembly and erecting of machine tools.
* Drive to customer job sites and work and direct all activities on customer job sites.
* Complete housekeeping duties in assigned area or project area daily and/or when required.
* A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
* Complete required paperwork.
* Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
* HS Diploma or GED equivalent
* Minimum 2 years' rigging and machinery moving Lead experience or comparable experience within the machinery moving industry
* Minimum 2 years' experience supervising crews of up to 4 people while also performing the work along side the team
* Minimum 2 years' Crane Rigging & Signaling experience
* Minimum 2 years' experience moving machinery with forklift, skating, leveling and anchoring of machines
* Valid Driver's License
* Class A CDL preferred
* Highly self-directed and motivated
* Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, and project management skills
Other Requirements: Must be able to work in a high functioning team environment in all climates. Display the highest levels of honesty, integrity, and professionalism. Take pride in your work and in the company. Communicate openly and strive for peak performance in daily tasks. Know and deliver the quality service MEI's customers have come to expect.
Company Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, HSA, Life & Disability Insurance, Retirement Benefits, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Employee Assistance Program.
This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by the incumbent and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements.